Not able to install a public paid app on a managed store.

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi,

I've transferred the ownership of a store I'm working on to the client to be able to install a couple of paid apps.

The ownership has been transferred successfully and the client has already set up the payment.

However, I'm still not ale to install any apps without client intervention. Even though I have full-access to the store.

After I try to install I get the following error:

Screenshot 2020-07-30 at 11.28.39.png

My client is not well versed in tech at all and will struggle to set up anything like that. It'll also come across as unprofessional since I'm getting paid to get the store up and running for them.

Is there any way I could install paid apps to the store without client intervention?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
503 42 68

Hey, @GusD

Ash here from the Shopify team. I'm happy to help clear this up. 

While full access staff members are able to manage apps on a store, including installing free apps, only the account owner on file will be able to install apps that require payment. This is because any matters of payment and billing must be authorized directly by the account owner- the person who has their billing information on file. In order for you to install a paid app without the intervention of your client, you would need to be listed as the account owner on the shop. I absolutely appreciate your concern regarding professionalism, and I recommend re-assuring your client that this is in the best interest for their security and privacy.

With that said, once the apps are installed, you should have no issues using and managing the apps with your full access staff account. My suggestion for this situation is to create a list of the paid apps the shop will require, and laying out some steps on how to install these for your client. Since they're not well versed in tech, I suggest providing them links directly to the app pages to make things easy for them. Once the apps are installed, you should be able to continue getting the shop up and running for your client without any trouble.  

Let me know if you have any further questions I can help with, or if there are any other precesses that you would like clarification on. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hey @Ash

Yes, I was afraid that would be the case. I wish my client could give me permission to install paid apps as well. The store is not finished until everything is working and it's less than ideal to depend on the client to finish a project I've been hired to make.

But, thank you for clarifying!

0 Likes