Notification Bar app that I'm using

Solved
Bobbysgirl
Tourist
13 1 3

I cannot find the app anymore that controls the Notification Bar. I'm thinking I may have deleted it, but if I did, why is the app still on my site, viewable, and has a SEARCH box that works on it?
I wanted to update it, and that's how I realized I can't find it. I tried sifting thru the theme code, but couldn't discern anything that helped me.
It's the Notification Bar at the very top of my pages. How do I find out who the app was that I used? Anyone have this happen to them?

Anyway to delete it when I can't find it, and start fresh?  thank you

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1023 79 271

Hi, @Bobbysgirl

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out about the notification bar on your site - I'm glad to help track this down. 

As a first step, do you definitely recall this feature being tied to an app? If so, and if you've removed this app from the 'Apps'  section of your Shopify admin, it's possible that there may be leftover coding from this app on your theme, which is allowing the notification bar to still display. If this is the case, we may be able to take a look at your theme to try and determine which app was used. Then, we recommend reaching out the app developer who created this app directly for assistance with removing the code. 

In the meantime though, can you please confirm which theme you're using? You can find the name of this directly in your Shopify admin under 'Online Store > Themes'. It will be listed as your 'Current theme'

Depending on which theme you're using, it may be possible that this feature is built in to your theme as an announcement bar. If this is the case, you can likely find this option in your theme editor by opening your admin, clicking 'Online Store > Themes', selecting 'Customize'  on your current theme, and then clicking into the 'Header'  section on the lefthand side. If you're using a Shopify-developed theme, like Debut, we have more information on how to access this feature here

Please also feel free to share a link to your live site with me here, and I can certainly help take a closer look. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Bobbysgirl
Tourist
13 1 3

thank you for the help Rae.
I'm using the Minimal theme.
My URL is https://www.farmhouse-primitives.com

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1023 79 271

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Bobbysgirl

Thank you for following up and sharing these details with me. 

The Minimal theme has an announcement bar built in, and it looks like your site is using this feature now. To update the details shown in this bar, just follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Shopify admin. 
  2. Click on 'Online Store > Themes'
  3. Click 'Customize'  on your Minimal theme. 
  4. This will open up the theme editor. On the lefthand side of the page under 'Sections', click 'Header'
  5. Scroll down to the 'Announcement bar'  section. Here, you can untick the 'Show announcement'  option to remove the text altogether, or just edit the text under the 'Text'  field. 

To read more information on this announcement bar, and how it works on Minimal, I recommend checking out this help document

Let me know if this helps, or if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm glad to provide more assistance with anything that might come up! 

0 Likes
Bobbysgirl
Tourist
13 1 3

talk about feeling stupid!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I set that myself, but have slept too many times to remember doing it in that spot. All solved. You are my hero for the help. Take care.

Teamswingmax
1 0 0

Hello Rae,

I'm having the same issue for my push email's when I first open my shopify webpage; 2 push/subscribe emails pop up... I'm trying to find the locations of these so they can be edited, I have the Ventura theme..... please help!!!?

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1023 79 271

Hi, @Teamswingmax

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

You mentioned you're using the Ventura theme, but I was hoping to clarify if you might be using the Venture theme instead? To double check, please log in to your Shopify admin, click on 'Online store > Themes', and the name of your theme will be listed under 'Current theme'. If you're using Venture, instead of Ventura, please let me know. However, if you are using a theme called Ventura, I suggest contacting the theme developers directly for more information on where these pop-ups are coming from, and how to edit them. You can do this by following these steps

Additionally, are you using any apps that may be causing these two pop-ups to appear on your site? You can confirm this by looking through the 'Apps' section of your Shopify admin. If you're using an app that you believe may be causing one - or both - of these pop-ups to appear, I recommend reaching out to the app developers directly to confirm how to edit these notifications. 

Please feel free to also send me a screenshot of how these pop-ups appear on your site, so I can take a closer look into this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

0 Likes