Oberlo/Aliexpress checking order status

Highlighted
5 0 0

I need some help here. So I just opened up my shop and ordered something myself.

I use Oberlo through Aliexpress.

The order went through ok, I received the order details email, pretty smooth for consumer and for me, the seller.

But, when I try to check status on my Oberlo page...I click on the order number and a new window for Aliexpress opens up and it is requesting a login information.

When setting up shopify and Oberlo...I never had to register with Aliexpress. And yes, I have the google extension.

oberlo 01_LI.jpgClicking on the order numberali 01.PNGIt then asks me to log on

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
132 14 19

Hey, @DaeWook3!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

If you're importing products from AliExpress and needing to fulfill them from the site, you'll need an account with AliExpress. Without an account, you won't be able to access your order history or track your orders.

Workaround

I'd still recommend trying to reach out to that supplier where your product is being shipped. You can request the tracking details directly from them.

They may ask for the order number or other information, which you can get from your order details in your screenshot.

Be sure to have an account with AliExpress before reaching out, as that's the only way you can contact them directly.

Here's an example of how to contact them:

alt

Preventing

Since AliExpress isn't owned by Oberlo or Shopify (or have access to their systems), we won't be able to get that information retroactively in Oberlo.

You'll want to make sure you're using the app and have an AliExpress account synced up to it moving forward if you've got any AliExpress products in your Oberlo Import List or My Products.

Here's a step by step guide by Oberlo on how to fulfill orders from AliExpress.

Extra tip: Sampling Products

One other thing that I would recommend, from experience is to make sure you're ordering sample products from the suppliers you choose. This is for a few reasons:

1. This is the best way to make sure your customers will have a good experience with your store.
  2. You'll be able to vouch for the quality and function of the product.
  3. You'll also have a chance to create unique photos with the product so you can build a trustworthy brand identity.
  4. You get to see what the packaging will be like when it arrives.
  5. It shows you how long to expect delivery to be.

If you reach out to the supplier for anything, you'll also see how responsive they are.

Why that extra tip is crucial:

You'll want to make sure this all works as easy as possible so that you minimize:

1. Chargebacks
  2. Risk
  3. Negative reviews

In China, there are different standards and customer service, so you'll want to be sure that you've covered your bases and work with a partner/supplier that you're comfortable with.

This will be one of the best things to do in advance to help your awesome business growth!

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes