Oberlo - Issue with stock not updating

Highlighted
1 0 0

So I had a product that had a number of variants available. My supplier then essentially took a single variant out of that product and added it to another product. Where I've come undone is that my customers have continued to order on the old SKU, which has created a bit of a hassle as when I try to fulfill the orders, I get a "SKU not found" error.

I have confirmed myself on AliExpress that the variant is indeed gone from the old product and available on the new product.

How come Oberlo didn't automatically remove the variant? I have "When product is no longer available" set to "Unpublish product" and "When variant is no longer available" set to "Remove variant".

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 351

Hi @ggau,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I spoke to the Oberlo team directly about this to see if I could find out why this might have happened. They mentioned about asking if you had auto-updates enabled in your Oberlo settings? The Oberlo team have a YouTube tutorial going through how to do this below: 

Also, to solve an issue such as this, the best next step would be to override the existing product in orders with the new product, it would be the only solution here. You can see more about how to sync existing Shopify products with Oberlo here

I also found a question in the Oberlo community where someone asked something very similar which might also help provide some answers. You can see it here

Hopefully, this helps and points you in the right direction for the best next steps. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes