One Shopify store, two independent entities, same products.

1 0 0

Hello all,

here is my situation:

We have set up a Shopify store for a company located in Denmark, which is now running for about 2 years. We have now decided that we want to sell the same products in Poland by Polish registered company, using the existing platform.

Therefore, we require the following:

- to use the same inventory or create a separate inventory at the same physical location (both entities will use the same physical inventory located in Poland)

- to issue invoices from a Danish entity for goods purchased by Danish customers

- to issue invoices from a Polish entity for goods purchased by Polish & International customers

- to have PLN currency in addition to DKK

- to translate the shop in the Polish language (almost done using an app)

At this point, this is all I can think of.

Is there an app you can recommend to do that?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
651 63 119

Hi @ArturSJC,

Hyde here from Shopify.

In order to sell from two separate countries as separate entities, you will need to create two separate stores, as it is not possible to set up two shops with one account. Shopify operates on a one account > one store policy. I've taken you each question and answered below it, in order to explain how to create a second store for your Polish goods:

- to use the same inventory or create a separate inventory at the same physical location (both entities will use the same physical inventory located in Poland)

For this, you can simply export your product list in the first store as a CSV and then upload it to the second store as per this guide.

- to issue invoices from a Danish entity for goods purchased by Danish customers
- to issue invoices from a Polish entity for goods purchased by Polish & International customers

This would require a third-party invoicing app like Sufio or Invoicify. To ensure that the right taxes are being charged, have a look at our guide on how taxes work on the Shopify platform. You can set up tax overrides too to change the automated taxes to ones that better suit your needs.

- to have PLN currency in addition to DKK

To sell in multiple currencies, you need to have Shopify Payments enabled in your online store. While Shopify Payments is available in Denmark it is not available in Poland, as you can see here.

So the alternative is to use a currency converter app from our app store, which would allow customers to view the prices in their local currency. They would, however, have to check out in the store's base currency.

- to translate the shop in the Polish language

If you are using a Shopify theme, you can translate the theme following this guide. If you are using a third-party theme you will need to consult with the developers for that theme. 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
100 0 24

Hey @ArturSJC 

Trunk can help you keep the same inventory synced between each other since Trunk can keep stock synced between duplicate SKUs, even within the same Shopify store. More on this here:

http://apps.shopify.com/trunk
http://go.trunkinventory.com/help-duplicate-skus

⚡Sync your stock levels + bundles/kits in real-time between any number of Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, Squarespace, Square stores with Trunk