PDF preview app?

Shopify Partner
6 0 1

My store sells mostly PDF books to customers. Are there any apps which could generate an X-page preview (reading the 1st X pages from the product PDF) and then display that to potential customers? Or possibly even in a flip-book format? For example, potential customer sees an interesting ebook. He sees a link "Read a few pages..." he clicks the link and it auto renders the first X pages in a pop-up window for the customer to sample. If this doesn't exist, could an app developer consider developing it?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
175 0 34

@John, I understand that a Shopify app can help save time. 

But while you wait/if you dont want to wait and spend time in too much customisation, 
You can meet your need by embedding your pdf from a free pdf publishing app like Yumpu/Isssu

In the Description box of your products page, you can place the embed code and it the flip-book format of pdf should be visible.

The only thing you need to do is to save a X pdf for any of your Product PDFs and upload it. Here's a preivew after I did a quick hack of this: 

In the above example, when you click to read a popup will open with super clarity pdf. 

Hope this helps? 

Basically the point is that you can embedd a pdf viewer in your products page. If you know coding or know someone who knows coding, am sure you can adjust the placement by coding. 

Hope this helps. Would love to hear your feedback

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

Sounds something like Amazon's "Look Inside This Book" feature, where you get to see the front and back covers, table of contents and first chapter.

Does that ring a bell?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

That's essentially the functionality I am looking for. It doesn't have to be exactly the same but basically demo to the potential customers the first X pages of the PDF product.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Where do you store your PDF files?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

A combination of Google Drive and the SendOwl digital delivery storage.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
7 2 1

@Tejaswi Hi, how can I get it embedded next to the picture as for me it keeps coming in description box

0 Likes