I'm building a Shopify store for my client. My client has a very small business and I'm trying to find a solution to the page builders. My client needs to have a Shopify store which should be customizable (more than Shopify's own customization)
1. Shopify page builders (which I use) like Shogun and GemPages needs to be subscribed by my client - if He wants to make changes after I have transferred the ownership - am I right?
2. If I have e.g Shogun or GemPages after I have transferred the ownership - can I make the changes to the client store, how?
3. Which page building Apps are free for development store - I didn't find any page builders?
Questions may be a little confusing, but I hope someone understands.
Hey again @Kjankko,
My name is Kalen and I'm apart of the Shogun Page Builder team.
Thanks so much for the questions.
1. The Shogun Page Builder would require an active subscription to make edits to pages. Once those pages are developed, you can uninstall the app without losing any of that work. That being said, if you did want to go back and make changes at a later date, the app would need to be reinstalled. You can read more about this in our help center.
2. Once you have transferred ownership of a store, that store should continue to be charged and have the Shogun Page Builder app. Any staff or collaborator account on that store that has access to the app will still be able to make changes. Just keep in mind the user seat limit associated with your plan.
3. Shogun Page Builder is totally free to development stores on Shopify and can be found in their list of Partner Friendly Apps. If you are on your development store and you install the app from this link, you will not be charged.
I hope that answers your questions. If you'd like to get in contact with us, you can get ahold of us directly within the app, from the apps store, or from our website.
Thank you for the quick reply!
2. If I understand right - if I have a Shogun builder (in development store) and I have full rights to make changes to the client's store (after the ownership is transferred) I cannot make any changes to client's store? I just ask because I think my client's store maybe need super small changes - about a few image changes or product description update in a year.
Question: Is it possible that the client uploads the store and send the Zip. -file -> I load the Zip. to my development store (which I have Shogun) and make the changes that he wants?
Great to know that the Shogun is free for development stores, I have been very satisfied to the editor and also the quick customer service.
Hey again @Kjankko,
Once the store is transferred to the client, the store and the app will then need to be paid for. You can read more about this process in Shopify's help center, here. Once that process is complete, you will stay on the store as a collaborator account. Collaborator accounts have permissions to to make changes on the store but no longer have access to billing information according to the Shopify help center. This means that you should still have access to apps and will be able to access Shogun Page Builder as well. If you need to make changes to any Shogun page, this can only be done if the app is installed and you have access to that app on that particular store. Development stores can be synced to stores with an active Shogun subscription on select plans. If you'd like to learn more about this, feel free to send us a message within the app, the Shopify apps store or our website.
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad to hear you have had a good experience so far :)