Pausing my account without deleting apps

pariskits
2 0 0

I have the same exact problem as this post any help please? :

"I paused my store, and I was charged for an app. I have no way to go into my account to delete my apps and to STOP the reoccurring billing. I assumed that pausing the account would disable the apps. I'm pretty much getting charged for nothing, and I have no way to stop it unless I pay for a monthly plan ($29.99).  So in order to stop the bleeding, I have to log in. Also, I can't contact customer service because my account is on pause. So I'm pretty much screwed. I wish Shopify would have been clear about ALL the consequences of pausing a store. "

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2022 161 432

Hey, @pariskits

From the sounds of it, you've selected the "Full Pause" plan which pauses your Shopify store for up to three months. App charges will be stopped for any store owner who is on this plan. However, any pending charges will be payable before you move to the Full Pause plan. It is likely that you saw an invoice for one or more of your pending app charges when moving to the full pause plan which is normal behaviour as these charges would be seen as valid. All app charges moving forward should be paused unless the app is charging you outside of Shopify's billing system. In that case, it would require reaching out to the app developer to pause the charges. 

You connect with our support, even if your account is paused; however, would require you to select the "Continue without logging in" option that appears when viewing our help centre. You can also reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook as we have 24/7 support teams that would be happy to help. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes