PayPal Express "orders/paid" webhooks

Jesse_Michel
Shopify Expert
15 0 3

We run a digital delivery platform, and some of our merchants have been reporting issues with the delivery of certain orders. It appears to be caused specifically by PayPal Express orders.

Looking more closely, it appears that perhaps PayPal Express orders do not fire the orders/paid webhook when an order comes in. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone run into a similar issue? And can anyone let me know if they've found a workaround if so.

I would hope that all order webhooks would operate the same way regardless of the gateway, but I wanted to get some clarify if anyone has any insights.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration, you are far greater minds than I!

- Jesse Michel | Shopify Expert
0 Likes
hstupi
Tourist
7 0 4

I am experiencing the same issue!

@Jesse_Michel wrote:

We run a digital delivery platform, and some of our merchants have been reporting issues with the delivery of certain orders. It appears to be caused specifically by PayPal Express orders.

Looking more closely, it appears that perhaps PayPal Express orders do not fire the orders/paid webhook when an order comes in. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone run into a similar issue? And can anyone let me know if they've found a workaround if so.

I would hope that all order webhooks would operate the same way regardless of the gateway, but I wanted to get some clarify if anyone has any insights.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration, you are far greater minds than I!

0 Likes
bitzesty
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue?

0 Likes