Paypal vs Shopify

emmanuela
4 0 0

Hi there, thanks for your time to help!

I have a website and currently sell Live virtual yoga classes, I use Paypal on my website,

So when someone buys, I get a notification.

From there, I have to keep track of who buys what, and then send then the zoom link. I am looking for Automation, so when someone buys something, they get the link automatically, without me having to do it manually for each person.

Does shopify do this?

I noticed Shopify Lite can embed a buy now button to my website.

Would this be the best way for me to automate my sales?

Thanks!! Any advice is appreciated!

0 Likes
dennis17
Shopify Partner
23 0 0

What platform is your current website built with? Sounds like you are selling digital products and it's very much possible to automate the process.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1171 154 191

Hi, @emmanuela. Yes, you can automate this using Shopify! And you would do it by creating a digital product for your classes using the Digital Download app

By setting your products up this way, and creating a document that contains the link to the class, your customers will automatically be emailed the document which they’ll open to access the zoom link once they have completed the purchase. You can read all about how it works in the Help Doc for Selling services or digital products.

That being said, you would also be able to integrate this onto your current website using the Buy Button, the Lite plan and Paypal (provided Paypal is a supported payment gateway in your region). 

Where are you located? What platform are you using for your website right now?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
emmanuela
4 0 0

OK great, this helps me so much.

When you say using the "digital download app" Is that something within Shopify?

Which program would I best be suited for then?

The Shopify light?

0 Likes
emmanuela
4 0 0

Currently I have a word press website, and use PayPal for my clients. But there is no automation, so it gives me a lot more work to do.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1171 154 191

You’re welcome, @emmanuela! I completely understand why you would want to automate the process. It certainly sounds like it is taking up a lot of your time, so I’m glad this information has been helpful for you.

Digital Downloads is an application within the Shopify App Store that you can install onto your Shopify account; It enables the feature of automatically emailing the document containing your class link to your customers after purchase. All of the steps for installing and using the app are found in this Help Doc

The main difference between the Basic and the Lite subscription plans is that the Lite plan does not include an online store. So, if you are wanting to continue to have your website hosted by WordPress, then the Lite plan is definitely the plan for you. This way you’ll have a Shopify account where you can manage your sales, add Products (classes), design your Buy Buttons to embed on your WordPress site, and even have the use of the Shopify checkout if you are eligible to use Shopify Payments. You just wouldn’t have an online store/website hosted by Shopify. 

Have you started your 14-day free trial already?

0 Likes
emmanuela
4 0 0
Thank you so much for this. Yes, I have done the trial already last year. Then I was actually trying to have a drop shipping store that never happened....
But I may try this again
0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1171 154 191

My pleasure, @emmanuela!

So is the account you opened last year the one you’d like to use for your Yoga classes? Is it still active? If it is and you are now wanting to switch over to the Lite plan, you can do so by going to ‘Settings > Plans and permissions > Compare plans’ and then choosing to remove the online sales channel as seen here:

21-01-dzwp2-wj624

That’s really cool that you are interested in starting a dropshipping store. Dropshipping is a great business model to use when you want to keep your online store startup costs low and not be obligated to hold any inventory. I recommend spending some time learning more about dropshipping if you are interested in trying it out. I’ve found that it can be greatly advantageous to get a really good understanding of how it all works first, which ultimately helps to make the process go more smoothly in both your business decision making and your store operations.

We have a lot of resources available to you for this. I suggest starting with these ones:

Good luck to you! Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to continue to discuss further. I’m happy to help!

0 Likes
Zilvinas
1 0 0

Since you already have a working website, in my opinion, it's best to do the integration on the WordPress side. 

0 Likes