Pinterest app

Highlighted
1 0 0
I was sent an email about the new Pinterest app. I followed the link to add app to Shopify store, but then it said page not found. Anyone else?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
22 0 3

Came here to ask the same question. Also not seeing the "Pinterest" App in the App store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Same here, the email didn't work and no Pinterest app in the store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
337 14 29

Hi everyone

'Cause I did not receive any email about this so I do now exactly what happened. Anyway, if you want to add a Pinterest app to your Shopify store, here is a solution for you.

Hope it helps

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same here. I added the app from the store and got my Pinterest account suspended. They unsuspended me, but now, I cannot connect the store to pinterest at all. Something has gone amiss 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
40 0 16

I never got an email - only a notification on my store admin that the current Pinterest app was going to be disabled on March 30. Like you, I initially got a "page not found." Tried again via another route and got this page: https://apps.shopify.com/pinterest-1. It told me that I "needed to allow cookies in my browser in order to access the app from within Shopify." I added the app's cookies, www.s.pintergration.com, and www.pinterest.com to my browser permissions. Nothing happened; it just went back to the app page. After a while, I tried again and was able to add the app. It immediately auto-connected to my business Pinterest page. So I guess I'm good as far as my buyable pins are concerned.

Both Shopify and Pinterest could stand to be more helpful and transparent about WHY this change is being made and exactly WHAT the change entails, and Shopify could stand to ensure that all links work the first time and all requirements for logging in are spelled out clearly up front.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I still can't add the new Pinterest app.  Been trying for weeks. Help!

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
40 0 16

@CuriousMoose, what kind of device are you using? What operating system? What browser are you using? Do you have any security or privacy add-ons that might be blocking cookies or trackers? (I've had to whitelist all the social networks that I use for sales channels, but since the Pinterest app uses a slightly different domain from Pinterest itself, I had to manually add the cookies to my browser and cookie-blocker whitelists.) Are you getting any error messages, and if so, what are they? Do you have a business Pinterest account? Have you connected it to your store? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Been using both desktop and my Apple 11 pro phone. Have enabled cookies when prompted. When it says to connect accounts, it stops uploading. Been trying for two weeks. No apps that would block. And I do have a business account.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
40 0 16

No clue, then -- I was just trying to think of possible trouble points. Was your store already connected to your Pinterest account or is this something you're doing for the first time? (Mine's been connected for a few years and I don't even remember what I had to do to get it set up.) You might try filing a help ticket with Pinterest just in case the problem is on their end -- though my experience with their help department is that you have to keep pestering them for a while before you get a human being.

0 Likes