Plugin advice for shipping options

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello Community!

I have been looking for an App to solve my shipping woes.  Shopify does not yet support some pretty simple features that would make our fulfillment process much easier.  Our store does bulk shipping once a week.  We have found the 'bulk shipping' option which allows you to print multiple labels at once, but you still need to select the box for each product and the shipping service.  Is there any app that will auto match up Item A to Box 1 to reduce our clicks?  How about an app that will restrict us to only USPS (we only use USPS and nobody else) and save us even more clicks?  Also we figured out the way to ship one item of a multi item order, but again, it's a lot of clicks.  We ship each item separately in a multi item order.

Anyone know of a good app to help us do bulk shipping faster?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
358 39 75

Hi @ejdbroker 

I'd try out ShipStation. There are workflows & profiles you can set up to achieve your bulk shipping goals. We've used them for nearly a year now and have been happy thus far.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @ejdbroker, you might want to try Easyship shipping software where you can add shipping rules to automate workflows and simplify your shipping needs. Option A: add a shipping rule that suits your USPS courier preference, and do a CSV upload of your orders. Option B: Add the shipping rule, connect your shopify store to sync all your orders. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@BobsMojo The ShipStation app reviews are pretty scary.  Overage charges, app not working right and poor support.  Any experience with that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@JulesES can you comment if  you have features that fit my needs?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
358 39 75

@ejdbroker  That has not been our experience.

I read the reviews as well before we started using them. In my experience, the people complaining about overage charges are typically inexperienced sellers who make errors when shipping (such as not entering weights or dimensions correctly, or using UPS to ship to a P.O. Box), and see the respective chargebacks from UPS/USPS for the errors after the fact. As far as the app not working right, it has had a few intermittent minor bugs here and there, but no more than we've seen with any other app or piece of software. And for the few times we've needed to contact support, we've had no issues getting in touch with someone who was able to explain or help fix whatever issue we encountered.

Personally, I've come to take reviews with a grain of salt (bad or good). I always still use them as a general guide, and watch for big red flags like potential scams or fraud. But when it comes to 'overage charges' or similar, I've seen more often than not, it's user error or inexperience.

FYI, also, I'm not a ShipStation affiliate or anything. But having used several different cloud shipping apps, it is the one we've been most satisfied with.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Well JulesES above is clearly just advertising.  I tried it and it doesn't appear to have the features I need.  I may give yours a go.  Do you @BobsMojo do bulk shipping?  Will ShipStation allow me to assign a box to a product?  Will it restrict/auto select USPS Priority (our only method)?  Will it batch print postage/packing slips for all of my ItemX?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
358 39 75

@ejdbroker 

Here's an example of an automation rule you can set. Using this rule, whenever the order comes in with 2 of this item, it automatically sets it to the box size and USPS as carrier. 

MelsMojoBob_0-1601076272006.png

And yes there are batch print options for packing slips and labels.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @ejdbroker , both the features that can help you reduce your workload (shipping rule automation and bulk upload) are live in the platform. I have attached the screenshots for your reference. You can add the courier of your preference and save it as a rule to automate your workflow. (Please note in the dropdown it will show couriers live in the country your account is in).

JulesES_2-1601265879619.png

Additionally, once you save the rule, you can upload your bulk order or connect your store to sync your orders and begin shipping. 

JulesES_3-1601266036928.png

JulesES_4-1601266086158.png

Hope this helps. 

0 Likes