Pop-up Wait-List form for sold out items? Is there such a thing?

Nancy_Skuce
11 0 0

Hi everyone. I am hoping someone has tried what I would like to do and can help.

I sell maternity clothing & nursing apparel. I started selling a new brand (Momzelle) and, because I am new, I am trying to manage the risks of carrying a lot of inventory (dropshipping not an option).

I would like to create product pages for products I don't yet have in stock and I'd like to be able to add a form for my customers to sign up if they are interested. Or if it is a product that is sold out, I would like the option for a customer to add their name to the waitlist. I don't want to collect payment right away in case the product goes out of stock and because I pay shipping everytime I place an order, so I would only like to order every month or two.

So far the apps I've seen in the Shopify App store are all about getting email subscribers and don't appear to be customizable. I would need Name, Email, Size, Colour. 

Has anyone created sign up lists specific for products? Which app did you use?

Thank-you

0 Likes
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 93

Hey Nancy, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

I took a quick look in our App Store, and I found a couple apps that might help here! Check out Now Back in Stock - Email & SMS Out of Stock Alerts. It looks like it will let your customers know if something is out of stock and ask for their phone number or email address to be notified when the item is back in stock. There's also the app Back in Stock, which lets your customers add their emails to find out when things will be back! 

Take a look at those and if you have any concerns about how these apps will work, it looks like they both have free trials and you can find the app developers contact information on their apps page directly. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi Nancy,

I'm Sarosha from Aiva Overlays! Our app can help you create customizable forms that either pop-up after some time or appear after visitors click a button on your product page (ex. Add to Cart).

If a product is coming up soon, you can encourage users to join the wait-list and collect their name and email. If an item is out of stock, you can add options for your customers to indicate what color and size they'd like to purchase along with their basic information.

With Aiva, you'll be able to easily create a template for your waitlist and out-of-stock pop-ups once and duplicate them for all of the products you sell (to keep a consistent branding).

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'd love to be of assistance!

5x your website conversion today → Aiva For Shopify
0 Likes
modernarrow
1 0 0

Were you ever able to come up with a solution for this?

0 Likes
JulianaL
1 0 0

Hi Sarosha,

I took a look at the Aiva app for shopify and it look interesting!
Is the feature that Nancy mentioned about sold out/out of stock wait list available in the free plan?

How does it look in the website? 

Thank you! Juliana

0 Likes