Pop-up from mailchimp not appearing at all

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

I set  the popup to be immediate, but it simply doesnt appear. I'm using Debut theme.

Anny ideas?

Gary

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 106

Hi, Gary! My name is Tira and I am a Shopify Guru ready to help.

I took a look at your website and after scrolling down on your page for a few seconds, I did see your newsletter pop-up appear immediately. It looks like this:

Since Mailchimp is a third-party service, supporting the pop-up code would be outside our scope of support. I recommend taking a look at Mailchimp's guide on adding the pop-up to your store: Add a Pop-Up Signup Form to Your Website for additional information. You can also contact Mailchimp support for additional assistance here.

We also have other pop-up apps available in our app store here that you may want to check out!

I’m also curious to see what suggestions the community can provide to help.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Tira

Thx so much!

Could you maybe tell me why it's not appearing on my laptop. Even when I try a different browser. I'm using Chrome, so I opened Edge, and cleared all cookies, history and cache, yet it still didn't pop up?!?!

Any idea why that may be?

Thx, Gary

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 106

Hi, Gary! Tira here again.

You're welcome! 

I can understand how confusing it is to not have the pop-up show on your laptop. It sounds like you've done most of the steps that I would have tried myself. Unfortunately this would be outside of my knowledge and it would be best to contact Mailchimp for support.

It might help to restart your laptop after clearing your cookies/cache. You can also give your website a try in Incognito Mode. 

I did some digging, and from this forum post, it looks like if the pop-up was viewed on your computer, but the "X" was clicked on, then that can prevent the pop-up from appearing. It doesn't sound like you've seen the pop-up before though, but it may be something to consider why it's not appearing.

I recommend trying on another computer as well. 

Does anyone else have any other suggestions from the community?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes