Popular! - Order location lock

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, im looking for an Shopify App that helps me lock products from beeing purchased from locations where the products can´t be shipped to. Example: I add a pair off shoes in my store, but the product can only be shipped to USA and UK, but a costumer from Spain tries to order, but it should not be possible for the visitor to add the product to the cart. 

In stead of a button that says "Sold Out" it should say "Not available in country/location". 

Any help to get?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
689 37 108

Hey there, Markus!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

I'd recommend taking a look at an app called Locksmith. This app can hide certain products/pages/collections from customers depending on certain factors you would set within the app. In this case, you would be able to block certain products from a customer if there were no shipping rates available from their country!

This description from the app page will show you how you can hide products, but they have listed country as a factor here, so this app should work perfectly for you!

Let me know what you think!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
32 6 13

Hi Markus!

Have you tried using IP geolocation for this purpose?

With IP geolocation, you can detect your user's location and show him the relevant message. If you visit RayBan's online store, you can see them using IP geolocation. But they have gone a step further. They show only relevant products to users of a location. 

But you just wish to show a message to your users. You can bind it to the products that are unavailable for sale in a particular region. 

You can give a try to ipgeolocation if you want to see how it works.

If you need more assistance with this, drop me a line any time.

Cheers :)

0 Likes