Pre-Order with minimum quantities

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi all,

As part of our launch plan, we're hoping to offer a wider array of products and variants in the form of pre-orders. I already have the Pre-Order Manager app installed, but was hoping to make some adjustments based on the restrictions from our product manufacturer. There is a minimum order quantity of 100 for each product/variant, and I was looking for a way to open pre-orders for each, but only have them be successful should that variant have 100+ pre-orders (or a minimum quantity of my choosing).

Hopefully that makes sense. Any ideas or advice are greatly appreciated!

Sean

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1022 212 256

Hello Sean,

For this you have to write a custom JS code which will prevent button click until quantity will not 100 or alternatively by default you can make quantity box 100 as read-only  field but still you have to write JS for this so no one can change read-only property with browser console and proceed with less quantity.
If you are not good in code, you can drop me an email and we'll discuss it further.
Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
348 25 52
Hi Sean,

Are you using Pre-Order Manager by SpurIT? If so they have a quantity setting. If you’re using Shopify Plus then using the Script Editor app would be wise to limit quantity but first explore your app settings or get in touch with the app developer.

Regards,

Sam
Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Sam,

Yes, that's the one I have connected. I'll reach out to them about having a minimum quantity, but wanted to see if there was any ideas that others may have in general. 

If one variant requires 100 minimum for the order, and only 5 pre-orders are placed for it, I would rather say that it was unsuccessful and cancel, than have to order 95 more to have in stock.

Thanks!

Sean

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
348 25 52
Hi Sean,

This is sort of like wholesale pricing then. Reading this guide it seems like a Shopify Plus feature

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/wholesale/channel/orders/minimum-orders

But there are alternatives. You can find wholesale public apps if you’re on Shopify basic.

I just don’t like the idea of some front end code to handle that. The logic should be coming from a price list, or a backend script like what the Script Editor can produce or hopefully the pre-order app has something to offer. Ultimately I agree with you. You’re orders should enforce minimum quantity and you shouldn’t have to cancel orders.

Regards,

Sam
Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes