Print on Demand in Australia?

Kelsey_
1 0 0

We're a gaming merchandise business looking to sell print on demand, custom clothing such as shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies etc based in Australia. I tried Printable initially, which had good options for both print and embroidery, but nearly none of the colour ranges were available for shipping to Australia, which was problematic for many reasons including simply getting samples sent over. 

Are there any better alternatives that offer a decent colour and product range? We've only just started setting up our Shopify store so I'm not savvy on a lot of the apps yet. We have a lot of custom designs we want to sell, so we want to put our money and investments in the right company. 

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
DaniellaB
Excursionist
33 2 8

Hey, 

I'd suggest checking Printful out. There are two partner facilities in Australia—in Brisbane and Victoria—and a selection of different apparel and non-apparel products that are fulfilled there and shipped to customers in both Australia and New Zealand. If you wish to have a look, here's a link to the landing page on custom print-on-demand products in Australia. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 68 118

Hi, @Kelsey_!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Just tagging onto the response from @DaniellaB.

Printful is a great option as it's a large worldwide business trusted by lots of merchants. The fact they have the Australian warehouses is a benefit because you can avoid conversion fees as you'll be able to pay and sell in AUD using them.

If you're looking for a local business based in Australia only, I'd recommend checking out OGO. They're based in Melbourne and use the AS brand for clothing as well as other print options as well. Some of the benefits include:

• Premium AS Colour shirts bring your messaging to life. Top promo merchandise, printed on demand.
  • No nonsense Australian merchandise printed locally in Melbourne.
  • Used by Hamish and Andy when they needed a fast and efficient turnaround.

I've personally used both of these services myself with my store and can confidently recommend them both.

Outside of integrated apps, you can also search for local print services in your area as they generally are able to help out too. Whilst they may not integrate directly within Shopify, many of them have an option to send exported orders manually so they can fulfill and ship them for you.

Once you've sorted out your print provider, I'd recommend taking a look at your store design as you mentioned you were still new to Shopify. Have you heard about Shopify Compass? Shopify Compass provides you with free webinars and courses on topics like store design, marketing more. It's completely free to use and we're adding new content and live webinars each week. It might also be worth posting your store in our Feedback on my Store topic, so you can have other merchants, partners and experts give you advice on your store.

Lastly, we have 24/7 live support so if you're ever stuck and need a hand, we're here to help you. Good luck with your store!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes