Print on demand For Australia?

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello Im starting up a print on demand store on shopify. Which fufillment service would be the best to go with?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
475 27 67

Hi, there! 

Dallas here from the Social Care Team here at Shopify. I would be more than happy to help you make a decision! 

If you are looking to start a Print on Demand store (POD) there are a few different options that you could take. 

The most common ones are Printify and Printful. Both of these companies are reliable and work very well with your Shopify store. 

When it comes to choosing the right one there are a lot of factors that come into play so I recommend reading over this comparison sheet. Since this page was created by Printful it will be a bit more biased in their favor, however, the facts do ring true. 

One of the great features about Printful, I find, is that they have the ability for warehousing. So, if you had clothing from other companies you could store it in their facilities. Then when the orders for those garments came in they would still be processed, fulfilled and shipped by Printful. This'll eliminate all future shipping details on your end, in the future, if you were to expand to other things besides POD.

So, if I was to choose one that I personally liked, I would have to say Printful. With that being said, I do recommend you read over the comparison sheet and make the final decision yourself. 

Is there a feature in particular that you are looking for? 

Cheers, 
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

If you are shipping worldwide it would be an easier choice. Most of them may not have servers close to you so app response will be on the slow side. However this would only be an inconvenience for you personally, not impacting your sales. 

If you want to ship mostly to Australia ideally you would want to work with a local partner. More and more customers want faster and faster service every day as millenials become consumer. Look at how much money Amazon spent on increasing the speed of their shipments. Now the problem is that I could not find POD partner with a Shopify integration that claims to have facilities in Australia. That does not mean there aren't any POD fulfiller in there, they just don't have Shopify integration. Before investing in a Shopify app we used to use email. Whenever a customer had a sales they used to send us the details in an email and we fulfilled the order. As you might have guessed this is not the most efficient way and is error prone but it worked and customer was always right (still is). 

If you prefer a fully integrated partner we ship world wide as well. It just takes longer and more expensive as we are located in US. Check out printmelon app in App Store.

Andy, Print Melon Support
0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 0

Hi Justin,

That depend if you want to choose your supplier and be dependent on this fulfiller for user experience, technology, quality, etc.. It puts you in a very unfortunate position.  I suggest you look at a solution where you can decide who will be your fufillment service without loosing the control on the user experience (your core)  here : https://mediaclip.myshopify.com/

Hope that help.

Andy

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Teelaunch now offers DTG Print on Demand in Australia.

https://blog.teelaunch.com/2018/11/dtg-from-down-under/

0 Likes
2 0 0

We just launched Australia's first wholly owned and operated print-on-demand service for Shopify store owners. Check out the app in the Shopify App Store: https://apps.shopify.com/ogo-australian-print-on-demand

All locally made on-demand, using Australian brands like AS Colour and shipped quickly with Australia Post. Your Australian customers won't have to deal with the hassles of international postage, customs duties, foreign brands/fits, etc.

0 Likes
1 0 0
Can 100% vouch for OGO, been using them in my store for a while now and have the best products for Australia, great service, great AS colour shirts and Great quality prints as well as doing it all automatically through your own Shopify store, no one else compares for us in Australia
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1
Hey,

Don’t limit yourself only to one area in the world.

https://bigoventees.com/page/fulfillment

Best prices-Best quality
0 Likes
1 0 0
Are you shipping to New zealand as well?
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1
Hi,

We ship worldwide.

Regards,

0 Likes