Which is the best fulfillment service for a Shopify print on demand store in Australia?

justin37
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello Im starting up a print on demand store on shopify. Which fufillment service would be the best to go with?

Replies 44 (44)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hi, there! 

Dallas here from the Social Care Team here at Shopify. I would be more than happy to help you make a decision! 

If you are looking to start a Print on Demand store (POD) there are a few different options that you could take. 

The most common ones are Printify and Printful. Both of these companies are reliable and work very well with your Shopify store. 

When it comes to choosing the right one there are a lot of factors that come into play so I recommend reading over this comparison sheet. Since this page was created by Printful it will be a bit more biased in their favor, however, the facts do ring true. 

One of the great features about Printful, I find, is that they have the ability for warehousing. So, if you had clothing from other companies you could store it in their facilities. Then when the orders for those garments came in they would still be processed, fulfilled and shipped by Printful. This'll eliminate all future shipping details on your end, in the future, if you were to expand to other things besides POD.

So, if I was to choose one that I personally liked, I would have to say Printful. With that being said, I do recommend you read over the comparison sheet and make the final decision yourself. 

Is there a feature in particular that you are looking for? 

Cheers, 
Dallas

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

N8Illustration
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there. Quick question. Do they have templates for canvas printing?

Print_Melon_Su1
Visitor
1 0 1

If you are shipping worldwide it would be an easier choice. Most of them may not have servers close to you so app response will be on the slow side. However this would only be an inconvenience for you personally, not impacting your sales. 

If you want to ship mostly to Australia ideally you would want to work with a local partner. More and more customers want faster and faster service every day as millenials become consumer. Look at how much money Amazon spent on increasing the speed of their shipments. Now the problem is that I could not find POD partner with a Shopify integration that claims to have facilities in Australia. That does not mean there aren't any POD fulfiller in there, they just don't have Shopify integration. Before investing in a Shopify app we used to use email. Whenever a customer had a sales they used to send us the details in an email and we fulfilled the order. As you might have guessed this is not the most efficient way and is error prone but it worked and customer was always right (still is). 

If you prefer a fully integrated partner we ship world wide as well. It just takes longer and more expensive as we are located in US. Check out printmelon app in App Store.

Andy, Print Melon Support

Andyclip
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Hi Justin,

That depend if you want to choose your supplier and be dependent on this fulfiller for user experience, technology, quality, etc.. It puts you in a very unfortunate position.  I suggest you look at a solution where you can decide who will be your fufillment service without loosing the control on the user experience (your core)  here : https://mediaclip.myshopify.com/

Hope that help.

Andy

mikezwa
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Teelaunch now offers DTG Print on Demand in Australia.

https://blog.teelaunch.com/2018/11/dtg-from-down-under/

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

We just launched Australia's first wholly owned and operated print-on-demand service for Shopify store owners. Check out the app in the Shopify App Store: https://apps.shopify.com/ogo-australian-print-on-demand

All locally made on-demand, using Australian brands like AS Colour and shipped quickly with Australia Post. Your Australian customers won't have to deal with the hassles of international postage, customs duties, foreign brands/fits, etc.

Hayden14
Visitor
1 0 2
Can 100% vouch for OGO, been using them in my store for a while now and have the best products for Australia, great service, great AS colour shirts and Great quality prints as well as doing it all automatically through your own Shopify store, no one else compares for us in Australia
tylercherlane
Visitor
1 0 0

How do you manage shipping with OGO? I want to use them but international shipping is quiet steep if I calculated it right...

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

OGO uses DHL Globalmail for deliveries outisde of Australia. The international shipping cost has increased around 50-100% due to two separate surcharges as a result of COVID-19 and the weaker Australian dollar (vs the USD). We're looking at a few other options, but most services have some form of surcharge or another at this time.

Asitha
Visitor
1 0 0
Are you shipping to New zealand as well?
BigOvenTees
Tourist
20 0 2
Hi,

We ship worldwide.

Regards,

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Yep, OGO Print-on-Demand ships from Australia to New Zealand. Most orders to NZ arrive in 2-3 weeks after they are placed.

Pewit35
4 0 0

The other alternative is Redbubble which started in Melbourne but now manufactures worldwide.

Most of their shipments for Australia and New Zealand are shipped from Australia.
See table here

Edit: Redbubble doesn't integrate with Shopify or anything else 

rtrendsetter
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Zen, 

Thanks for the information. I just downloaded your app.

I wanted to start my tee POD in Australia only. I have sent a query to your help team also, but sorry to say I did not get any response so far. 

I have a few doubts in my mind, I would appreciate if you can clarify a few things like:

1. Do I have to fill all the order details manually?
  2. What about the exclusive rights of my own design?
  3. What if I want to put more pics of the tees?
  4. Who is the contact person, if I need any kind of assistance?

Looking forward to an early reply.

Regards

R trendsetter

@Zhen-OGO wrote:

We just launched Australia's first wholly owned and operated print-on-demand service for Shopify store owners. Check out the app in the Shopify App Store: https://apps.shopify.com/ogo-australian-print-on-demand

All locally made on-demand, using Australian brands like AS Colour and shipped quickly with Australia Post. Your Australian customers won't have to deal with the hassles of international postage, customs duties, foreign brands/fits, etc.

Pewit35
4 0 0

Have you looked at the FAQ on the website?

https://help.ogo.com.au/

And the About page

https://ogo.com.au/about/

rtrendsetter
Visitor
3 0 0

Yes! I have gone through each and every page of the site. 

@Pewit35 wrote:

Have you looked at the FAQ on the website?

https://help.ogo.com.au/

And the About page

Andyclip
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

We have provider un autralia. please visit: https://mediaclip.myshopify.com/ to see this in action.

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

@rtrendsetter wrote:

Hi Zen, 

Thanks for the information. I just downloaded your app.

I wanted to start my tee POD in Australia only. I have sent a query to your help team also, but sorry to say I did not get any response so far. 

I have a few doubts in my mind, I would appreciate if you can clarify a few things like:

Looking forward to an early reply.

Regards

R trendsetter

@Zhen-OGO wrote:

Hey R,

Thanks for touching base with us. Please note our customer service team generally does not work on the weekends; hence, we haven't had a chance to reply to your email yet.

I'd thought I'd answer publically as your questions are quite common. Your questions have already been addressed in our Help Centre (https://help.ogo.com.au), but I'll summarise here.

Not at all. We've designed the OGO Shopify App to be completely automated when it comes to fulfilling your orders. Any order (where the status is marked 'paid') from your Shopify store that contains a product created by the OGO app will automatically be sent to our system within 15 minutes.

OGO users retain ALL rights (copyright, trademarks, etc.) of their designs. We only access designs when an order is received, and we're ready to print. No designs are on-sold, distributed or used by any other entity (including OGO).

Yes, you are welcome to replace or add to the mockups created by our app with your own.

You can contact us anytime via https://help.ogo.com.au/
    And email us directly at hello@ogo.com.au
    A 1300 customer support like will be available in the coming months.

Please note we are open Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm. Most enquiries are answered within a business day.
Zoolander
Excursionist
11 0 8

Hi. does OGO offer AOP? I have an Aussie customer who has just ordered an AOP sweatshirt. cheers

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

@Zoolander wrote:

Hi. does OGO offer AOP? I have an Aussie customer who has just ordered an AOP sweatshirt. cheers

Hi Jansen,

At this time OGO only offers DTG printing onto apparel. We do not offer all-over-printing yet but it is in our future plans. Dye-sublimation for smaller items such as cups, mugs and phone cases will be coming online soon; all printed in Australia!

Zoolander
Excursionist
11 0 8

good, the situation is getting quite desperate with all the overseas POD productgs taking 6-8 weeks to arrive. It's absolutely horrendous. an estimated date would be good. cheers! 

tassk1
Visitor
1 0 0

OGO on Demand when will phone cases be ready to print on demand. We are eager to start selling

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

We are hoping to introduce dye sublimated products like phone cases and cups in Q4 2020.

Haluna
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Zhen are Ogo’s T-shirts For kids 100% Combed ringspun cotton?

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Hi Haluna,

We use AS Colour's Youth tee, which has the following specs:

Mid-weight, 180 GSM, 28-singles
100% combed cotton, (marles 15% viscose)

Haluna
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks Zhen. I really prefer the LAT apparel shirts I think ringspun makes a difference to the feel. TBH that’s what’s keeping me from using OGO. 

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

No problem Haluna. LAT apparel is not readily available in Australia, nor as well recognised as AS Colour. AS Colour has a strong retail presence in Australia with multiple stores in major cities, and also stocked by big brands/retailers.

Combed/Ringspun are similar - some brands use the term interchangeably. Both are superior to simple carded cotton.

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Hi, yes our range of AS Colour kids/youth garments are all 100% combed cotton. The marles/heather do have 15% polyester in them.

BigOvenTees
Tourist
20 0 2
Hey,

Don’t limit yourself only to one area in the world.

https://bigoventees.com/page/fulfillment

Best prices-Best quality

Andyclip
Shopify Partner
17 0 1
As a Fulfillment service www.cloudprinter.com if one of the best and is worldwide.

See also the mediaclip designer here:
Mediaclip.myshopify.com

Best

sedevoile
Visitor
1 0 0

You can also try this POD. They manufacture in Australia, USA & China with a massive range of products.

Edward_Z
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey! I work at Printful and we're partnering with TWO facilities Down Under, to help you sell to your customers in Australia and New Zealand! We shipped to AUS and NZ before but now we'll be able to offer quicker shipping times. 🙂

thesailfish
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you tell us more? Will it only be t-shirts? 

Edward_Z
Tourist
5 0 1

Sure! Here's more info about our Australian partner facilities.

Our partner facility in Brisbane:
We're starting off with a selection of our DTG products, but are working hard to offer a larger product selection soon. Psst: our bestselling Bella+Canvas 3001 is coming to Australia very soon!

Our partner facility in Victoria:
Your non-apparel orders like mugs will be handled in Victoria. You'll soon be able to offer a selection of framed posters and canvases to your Australian customers as well. Due to Australian import laws, we couldn’t ship these products from our facilities in the US and Europe.

Haluna
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Edward can you tell me if Printful’s Australian apparel DTG print partner a) uses 100% Combed ringspun Cotton tees and b) has clothing for babies and children? 
i use redbubble because I can’t find an alternative in terms of price and garment quality but I wish I could find an integrated print partner that would white label for me in australia and also globally. Thanks

Edward_Z
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey, Haluna!
The Bella + Canvas 3001 solid colors are 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (other color variants have different materials). And this t-shirt is available for Australian fulfillment (not all variants though). Baby and children clothing isn't available for fulfillment with our Australian partners. You can check this page for more info.

Pewit35
4 0 0

Hi Edward

Is there any way to select products produced in Australia on the Printful store? I would rather avoid US manufacturing and shipping currently due to potential delays. 

Regards

Paul

Edward_Z
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey Paul,

We'll automatically use Australian fulfillment for products going to Australia and New Zealand (for items that are available for fulfillment with our Australian partners). To check which items are available for AUS fulfillment you should look out for an "AU" label and you can also learn more here.

KXavier
Visitor
1 0 0

Please let me know when Australian production and distribution is available.

Zhen-OGO
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

We'll certainly keep you posted KXavier! You can also subscribe to our newsletter at www.ogo.com.au

Carrolla
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, if i want to sell worldwide but mainly to australia, how do i make sure that the product is fulfilled from australia for australia customers and not  from overseas?

Pewit35
4 0 0

AFAIK, the only international print on demand company which is fulfilling from Australia is Printful They have a variety of products available in their Australia collection that are fulfilled by partners in Victoria and Brisbane. If the customer is based outside Australia, the order is fulfilled by other partners in the USA or Europe.
You need to choose a product design and colour from the Australia collection to ensure that fullfillment is local.

norabeeb
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi @justin37 

I would highly recommend the dropshipping app that I am using on my store which is Blanka - Private Label Beauty, so far they are very reliable and they offer zero minimum product order quantities which is good for start up stores. 

norabeeb
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi @justin37 

There are other types of print-on-demand apps on Shopify one of which is Blanka - Private Label Beauty that offer zero minimums and print-on-demand service for cosmetics and skincare, so you don't have to order a lot of upfront inventory to start your business. You may want to check them out 🙂