Problems with Single - Digital Download App - What do I do?

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi,

I run an independent record label called Spearhead Records. I've installed an app called 'Single' which is an app for delivering music files to customers either just as digital downloads or as part of a bundle with a physical product, in this case 12" vinyl records.  

Now, this is a great app and does a good job, it's billed on a basis of only charging per order rather than monthly.

The problem - I've attached digital copies of vinyl records to vinyl records that I have sold over the last few years on Shopify with the intention that someone now ordering that product will get the download version.  However, the 'single' app has gone through my historic archived orders and sent that download to everyone that ever ordered that product, and then charged me per person. So I suddenly had $130 bill this morning.  Before I noticed, I've already attached a load of other downloads to old products and can see it's going to do the same again.  It's going to have cost me about $600 just to have put my downloads up for sale.  I've done so much work integrating the app.  Is there anything I can do to stop this happening or had I best just delete the app and remove all permissions?

I've e-mailed the customer support of 'single' but no response as yet and I can't get a response on their online chat support.

Thanks

Steve

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Single responded and have offered a refund for the error and told me how to stop this happening again.  Can't fault that really.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hey Steve - glad you were able to get that worked out and we're happy to accommodate for mistakes like this. For anyone else curious, Single has a "deliver to existing purchases" feature that will do exactly what has been described above. This is actually disabled by default to try to avoid things like this, but we are taking this feedback and will make this a bit more clear in the app. When setting up albums for attachment to products that have historical orders, be sure to leave that option disabled. It's largely there for pre-orders that have existed prior to integrating Single Music that need album delivery.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2
The feature is actually ENABLED by default and if you disable it but then add a second physical product for the same download it ENABLES it again. You might want to look at this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Noted - we'll address.

0 Likes