Process multiple checkouts using Shopify POS

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

I am interested in using shopify POS for a small restaurant. I know this isn't the usual use case, but for various reasons (price, international processing, ease) it makes the most sense for us.

Everything is working fine, except I want to be able to manage multiple checkout processes (tabs) at one time.

For example:

Customer A orders a drink. I can add 1 drink to customer A's tab (checkout).

Customer B orders a hamburger. I can add 1 hamburger to customer B's checkout.
Customer C orders 2 tacos and a margarita. I can add 2 tacos and a margartia to to customer Cs checkout.

Customer A wants to close their bill, I can go back to Customer A's cart and close it out.

etc.

But currently, it seems in the POS I can only process 1 checkout at one time. 

I've looked into using this app --> https://apps.shopify.com/restaurant-table-management but it doesn't seem to be working in my POS. Im not sure if its compatible with the new POS or not.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any work arounds or suggestions?

Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 0

Hi madrabbit,

I am Tarek, a developer. I am currently looking into building an app to help merchants using Shopify for their restaurant. 
Would love to hear what your needs are (whether mentioned in this post or other helpful features)

Kind regards,

Tarek

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

Biggest needs are the one described in this issue (support for handling multiple tabs)

Other obstacles Im facing:

- support for calculating credit card tips in a session. If a server earns $50 in credit card tips in 1 night, it would be ideal that he can take that cash from the cash register at the end of his shift. (And this should be allowed within the cash tracking. i.e if the register is expecting to have $200 in cash, but Frank made $50 in tips we can allow him to take $50 from the cash register). However, I cannot find a way in the POS that totals the amount of tips made for 1 session, per server. 

- deeper inventory tracking For example: Lets say 1 hamburger  = 1/3 pound meat, 1 lettuce, 1 tomato, 1 onion, 2 buns. Then every time a hamburger is purchased it doesn't subtract 1 hamburger from the inventory, it subtracts 1/3 pound meat, 1 lettuce, 1 tomato, 1 onion, 2 buns.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

For anyone out there who is looking to solve this problem:

I found this app to be a decent solution:

UbarTab 

It isn't quite as good as native functionality, but it can help for sure.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 0

Thanks for your reply madrabbit.

Noted the 2 additional issues you mentioned, will look into feasible solutions. 

And does UbarTab do the job or are you still looking for something different?

Any other issue you can think about, please send it my way!

Thanks !

Tarek

0 Likes