Product Feed XML/CSV

Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

I am trying to find a product feed to send out to our affiliate programme so they can use the feed to show all of our  products onto their websites. All i can find is the http://'YOUR STORE'.com/collections/all.atom feed. This is no good as i need an automated feed in either XML or CSV. Please someone help as this is driving me crazy! 

Thanks

Josh

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
495 15 46

Hi there Josh!

Don here from Shopify. :)

I've spent some time checking into this with some of our escalated teams and it looks like the atom feed you referred to here would be all of the information available in this way.

You might be able to look at automating this process by way of a third-party app like Syncee (though this seems to be more geared towards importing rather than exporting store data) or the more expensive Channelape (which seems like a better fit, but has premium pricing to reflect its premium service level).

If you are running an already-successful business and are looking to expand further, it might be possible to get a custom solution created as part of a Shopify Plus plan.

If you're not yet at the point where your business is ready for Plus, you could still look at the possibility of getting a custom app solution coded by a Shopify Expert Developer.

Check out the options above, reach out to the app developers for the apps linked above if you have any questions about their creations and you can also look into the possibilities of using Shopify Plus or hiring an Expert to resolve this for you.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Can you explain a little more what you require? What's missing from the /collections/all.atom feature?

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Nothing is missing, We just need to the feed to be either in CSV or XML. I have been reading about the atom feed and i don't think all the products show on this feed either? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey there @JoshFox did this answer ever work for you? I'm in a similar situation where my product feed (the same one you cited in your inital post) didn't actually have all our products in the feed, and so I needed to look elsewhere for this feed, and its been a nightmare to figure this out. 

More specifically I am looking to launch an affiliate program, need that dynamic product feed, but can't figure out why the default shopify feed isn't capturing all the products, and then its not clear what app can be used to fix this... I tried a few and while they help with google, they don't actually put out a XML/URL that I can just hand over to the affiliate company. 

Curious how your situation resolved itself... many thanks in advance! 

Brett 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Brett,

Yes, after searching for over a month. I downloaded an app called DataFeedWatch. Only thing is that i had to make the feed from scratch, though it is easier when you have all your products from shopify ready to upload i think i pay around $59 a month for 5000 products. Took me a few days to get my head around it and the live chat isn't that helpful as they want you to pay for them to set it up. This was the easiest thing i came across. Still confused why Shopify doesn't take any of this into account as for people selling on 3rd party websites this is a must and saving me $59 a month!

Hope this helped! 

1 Like
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hey @JoshFox I appreciate you taking the time reply here and help me, very helpful. I can't imagine why Shopify wouldn't bake this into their basic off the shelf product because this type of feed is so common. Having to spend money and sweat equity in creating something that should be a part of the core prdouct is silly and I hope they listen to what customers are saying about this, as we're very much not alone. 

I'll give this a shot, cheers! 

Brett 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Don,

We are a Shopify Plus member, could you give us some more info regarding this:

If you are running an already-successful business and are looking to expand further, it might be possible to get a custom solution created as part of a Shopify Plus plan.

We are also looking for a solution to have an XML feed for a marketplace.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Pathfinder
121 4 22

Hey guys,

We have an app, EZ Exporter, that can do a custom automated CSV export of the Shopify product data as frequent as every 15 minutes.

We have a Dropbox integration so a possible setup for this scenario is to schedule an automated CSV export to Dropbox and create a "shared link" of that file in Dropbox which you can then share to your partners so they can access the latest exported data.

If you need a "live" feed, then this of course won't work but just thought I'd mention our app here in case someone is looking for another alternative. Please feel free to contact me directly at jonathan@highviewapps.com for any questions.

0 Likes