Product Options - Price Change Due To Options

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey guys,
I want to integrate a product, which shoud be customized to measure by the customer. So the customer has to be able to determine the height and width of the product himself.
The price has to be calculated automatically according to the customer's specifications - so price change due to options is necessary.
Furthermore, suitable upselling products related to the current product should be offered below.

I already tried Infinite Options but there is no solution to change prices due to options.

All other apps i found on the appstore do not support number option fields which are necessary for the product.

Which other app(s) would you recommend?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
85 4 17
Hi there,

In regard to the price change based on the customers measurements, would you be open to write a formula in the product template sheet?
Jay Friedmann | Developer @ Swiss Media
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi jay,
thanks for your reply. Yes i am open for that. How does this work?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
41 0 8

Hey Luke,

Have you tried Bold Product Options?

You can set the price to change based on the options that your customer selects and you can set up cross sells.

What exactly are you looking for with the number option field? I actually work at Bold and I can see if I can help you figure that out.

Hope that helps!

Did I solve your problem? ✔️Accept the solution to help others.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
Hey Bobby,
Yes i tried bold product options but it did not work.
I need a solution that calculates the price itself by the measures which were indicated by the client.
Example:
Height 10cm x width 20cm = EUR 200,--
Height 20cm x width 40cm = EUR 800,--
There are no defined product sizes - the customer should indicate the desired size.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
85 4 17
Hey there,

How will the prices be formulated? Like what’s the logic between 10x20=200 and 20x40= 800?
Jay Friedmann | Developer @ Swiss Media
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1
1x1 = EUR 1,00 is the logic?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
41 0 8

Ok I get what you're saying.

You're right, unfortunately the Product Options app doesn't have a feature to do that.

If you can't find an alternative app, your best bet might be to put in a custom request on here: https://start.boldcommerce.com/custom-project-referral and we can match you up with a developer to help you out!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

i have to admit i am very disappointed that shopify can't offer a ready-made solution for such a simple function. i think pricing based on basic units should be available as a standard function in a professional shop system.
since the project in question requires many other detailed functions of a similar kind, which i don't even know in detail yet, i will most likely have to work with another shop system - otherwise the running costs would exceed the customer's current budget.
if necessary, i will gladly accept your offer and contact a developer.

thank you very much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
41 0 8

No problem Luke. Sorry I couldn't help more!

0 Likes