Product Price based on date

Suzie_Lane
1 0 0

One of the products in my organization's store registrations for training. The product has variants that reflect the different locations and dates of training. New this year: the registration price will be based on when a registration is entered compared to the date of the event. Registrations entered early will have a lower price than registrations entered within 30 days of the event. I need an app that will compare the user's order date with the event date and calculate the price accordingly.

Can anyone suggest an app that has this capability? 

0 Likes
Ruairi_H
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
49 0 3

Hi Suzie,

Ruairi from Shopify here :)

There is an app called Sale Rack that will allow you to manage this: https://apps.shopify.com/on-sale

This app allows you to schedule price changes and their expiry dates, so you could for example:

• Schedule a discount of 20% that expires 30 days before the event
  • Schedule a second discount of 10% that starts 30 days before the event and expires just before the event time (or have no discount for this period)

You could also add in more discounts if there were more tiers to the pricing structure.

- Ruairi

0 Likes
BollyXBollywood
1 0 0

Oh no! It looks like this app doesn't exist anymore.

Is there another app recommendation? This would solve SOOOO many headaches for one of my employees.

0 Likes
Report-Pundit
Excursionist
142 0 11

Hello @BollyXBollywood @Suzie_Lane,

I am John from Report Pundit app.

Report Pundit is a custom reporting app and we can create a report that compares the order date with the event date and calculate the price. We can apply the price rules based on the order date.

The reports also can be scheduled to emails, Google Drive, Google sheets Ftp, and Big query.

Contact us at support@reportpundit.com or our live support for help in creating reports.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
0 Likes
KBetterReports
Shopify Partner
67 0 14

Hi @BollyXBollywood,

Kritesh here from Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports may be able to help. We can create a report shows both he current price, historical price (at the time of sale) and the current cost of the variants. We can also show this by order date (the date the order is placed) and compare it to the current date to calculate what the price should be based on your discount calculation.

This report can also be exported directly to Excel, csv or pdf.

In addition to building custom reports to meet your specific needs, you'll also get access to 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants and our reports can be scheduled to send to your email or Google Drive at set frequencies.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to set this up for you. 

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

0 Likes