Product Reviews App - Errors on Import

Joe_B
7 0 0

I'm encountering errors when I import my csv file from Dropified into Shopify. 

The main error seems to be "Created at has blank or invalid date format" on almost every line. I checked to make sure that the date format is correct. It still successfully imports around 5-10% of the reviews, even though all of them have the same date format in the 'Created at' column.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here and how I can fix it? Thank you!

0 Likes
Wick
1 0 1
Shaw2
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

Just had the problem recently and fixed it by changing the format to YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS worked.

To change this in excel go the Number drop-down in the toolbars at the top --> Click Custom and then Custom again then in the Type box past YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.

Make sure you select the entire column before you change the format and it will be applied to all of the cells in that column. 

Hope that helps a little bit.

Elizabeth_Ziser
Excursionist
37 0 6

This worked for me. Thank you!

P.S. Dropified's "reviews_template.csv" does NOT follow this formatting. Must update manually. 

0 Likes
Joe_B
7 0 0

Thank you Shaw! Will give it a try.

I decided to import Amazon reviews instead and tried the app Ryviu but also had some issues with that one. I am going to try LOOX now.

0 Likes
Elizabeth_Ziser
Excursionist
37 0 6

Ryviu only allows you to import 20 reviews, FYI, unless you have their premium plan. The Product Reviews app lets you import hundreds. :)

0 Likes
SpaceBearBags
3 0 0

This datetime format worked! Very frustrating that the import template is wrong. Also frustrating that the Import help page doesn't actually specify the format they're looking for.

The other thing I noticed is that all of the imported dates are wrong by one day. I'm not sure if that's because I selected "00:00:00" as the time of the review and it's bugging out, but whatever - close enough. I'm importing from Etsy BTW so my titles are all "Etsy Review" and for reviews without body I set the body text as "Star Rating Only from <author>" (I had to include the author or else the importer would incorrectly flag the review as duplicate. My emails were all set to nobody@gmail.com

0 Likes