Product Sale/Prices based on customer tag

Chemency
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

Im trying to find an app that allows me to tag a customer as a special VIP which in turn will allow them to purchase 'special' VIP products.

The VIP products (and price) are always visible, but when viewed as public/Customer without the tag then the products cant be added to basket, and ideally have a 'contact us' button instead.

Ive tried numerous Apps, but most of the locks & quote mechanisms either hide the products completely or dont allow filter by customer tags.

Does anyone know of a suitable app, or am I going to need to get some custom code created?

Thanks in advance, 

Jo

Replies 3 (3)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @Chemency 

I'd recommend checking out Bold Custom Pricing as a suitable option. I do know that they allow for both automated tagging rules or simply tag customers wholesale to be eligible for the VIP products. In addition, they do have a feature that allows you to see both the 'regular' and 'VIP' prices on the product page. 

14-26-42602-92534.png

They offer a 14-day free trial to see if it's a good fit for your needs. Feel free to check out their app demo here. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Chemency
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey, Thanks for coming back!

I will (re)look into Bold, and feedback for other users - I will try to set the regular prices to Zero, and hopefully it stops it from being purchased.

The main objective here is to have all products visible at all times, but only purchasable by VIPs. (We will manually tag customers as VIP)

In an ideal world, an attempted purchase by a non-VIP will allow a quote/contact us element as we want to provide details of how they become VIP (Who doesn't want to be a VIP? 😉 )

Thanks again for your help,

Jo

Chemency
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey, Sadly this is not an option and it doesn't quite meet the requirements

Thanks for your suggestion though 🙂

Jo