Product Selection "Assistant" / Selector

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello -

I'm looking for an app that can guide my customers by asking several questions to assist in selecting the 'correct' product.   Essentially what I'm looking for is the capability to prompt my customer's various questions which would ultimately take them to the correct product page. I am a small coffee wholesale that offers subscriptions to my customers.  Due to a few business and technical limitations, I have to separate my products out into multiple individual products vs. product variants.  In my situation, the first question I would like to ask is the size of bag 12 or 2 lb, ; secondly, grind size (s/M/L) then lastly the frequency of subscription (1,2,3,4 weeks).    It's not a matter of having additional product options.

Thanks - Mike 

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
83 4 8

Hi, @Musicphan.

Brie from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out in the community about this; I did some digging for you and was able to find two apps that can help you build something similar to what you've described: 

For more questions about those apps, you can contact the app developer directly from their page on the app store. If neither of those are to your liking, you can contact one of our Shopify Experts and have them custom design it for you using code. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact our live support any time for more help. 

Brie | Shopify Support

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for the suggestions... that's more than I need.   Here is an example of what I'm trying to accomplish.

https://www.corvuscoffee.com/products/coffee-subscription

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
83 4 8

Hi, @Musicphan.

Thank you for your response! Depending on how many products you have, you could potentially just list those different option combinations as variants on one product page. For example, there would be either drop down menus or buttons for the size of bag and the size of grind. You could then use a subscription app to let them subscribe to their chosen option. 

Let me know if you have any questions about that! 

Brie | Shopify Support

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I actually use ReCharge for my subscriptions but due to 1) coupon/discount limitations (need diff per variant) 2) minor ReCharge limitation that won't help.  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
83 4 8

Hi, @Musicphan

Thank you for your response! Just to clarify, were you hoping to offer variant specific discounts on products which are also attached to a subscription/recurring charge? 

Brie | Shopify Support

0 Likes
Tourist
13 1 1

Hi Mike, 

Typeform might be worth a look - this platform is for creating conversational style webforms/orderforms and believe it can integrate with Shopify. It's a good way to get your form up cheaply so you can road test the concept, and decide if you want to stick with it or look at building something more custom. The experience is pretty good for your mobile users as well. Main limitation is the automated email templates on Typeform are very basic, but can't be worked around with the right plug-ins/configuration.

Another option is Intercom  - this can be used to create a chat bot that users can interact with, answering a series of questions to determine what they need and recommend the next step/call to action for them. 

If you need any help let me know.

0 Likes