Product Suggestion Apps w/ API

Highlighted
3 0 0

Has anyone seen a product suggestion app that does not give you a widget to put on your site, but rather either an API or even injects a js object to your theme to feed into something like React components into a Shopify theme? Basically just want to use a product suggestion engine to get a list of suggested products and display them in components how/when we like.

Currently our Shopify site uses React for all of our interactive components that will not play well with apps that force you down the jQuery hole or make you put a widget into your theme. 

Curious if anyone has come across something like this since I have yet to see a solution similar to what I am looking for.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1227 5 80

I used Nosto before (not on a Shopify site to be fair) and can highly recommend it. It was super simple to set it up and the API was easy to work with. I noticed they also support a GraphQL endpoint now as well: https://www.nosto.com/nostos-graphql/

HTH, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yes!!! This looks really promising! Thanks for tossing this my way, Gavin! Going to dig into this deeper, and if we end up using this service, can post back here if it will help you (or anyone else.)

Is there a specific service they offer that you have used that was cool? And are you using them as a service for your apps currently?

Currently not using GraphQL, but this might be enough to spur me into using it in production :D 

If any other suggestions come through, will give them a look but Nosto looks pretty rad, giving it a quick look. Thanks again, head exploded as soon as I started looking at their marketing jargon on their site.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1227 5 80

I used product recommendations: https://www.nosto.com/products/product-recommendations/

It certainly looks like they added quite a few things since I used them (2015 ish). Back then all you had to do was add a tracking pixel and then set up some divs where you wanted the recommendations to appear, then on the backend your could style the recommendation layout, or you could use their REST API to pull in recommendations.

From memory I think we had a couple of pages where we augmented the Nosto recommendations by sorting the results based on stock on hand or if we had a brand campaign going on but in general the recommendations were very good out of the box.

Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Right on. Even that one implementation sounds pretty close to what I am looking for: either a simple entry point, or better yet, be able to programmatically manipulate or display results.

Thanks again for taking out time for the rec and explaining the services you used, it's very appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jordo,

Our product, Avatria Convert, might be just what you're looking for. We use machine learning and your website's traffic data to offer recommendations for the products customers are most likely to purchase.

We offer an open REST API that will allow you to apply our recommendations on collection pages, widgets, and even search results. We're also currently developing a Shopify integration that will save you the trouble of developing some of these components yourself.

Check out or website for more information: https://convert.avatria.com/, and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

John

Product Manager, Avatria Convert | convert.avatria.com
Machine learning-driven product recommendations | Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce expert
0 Likes