Product Tracking App

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 1 3

I want to be able to look back at my sales and mine data based on product type, vendor, cost, retail, etc.  Can somebody reccomend me a good app to do so or do I just have to constantly update an excel sheet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
564 45 125

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @AtlastAve!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

Gathering data about which products are selling the most is a really great way to know exactly how your business is doing and which products are trending. It also gives you the ability to optimize your marketing efforts, knowing which products you should be promoting more in your ads. 

If you're on the Shopify plan or higher, you can take advantage of Shopify Sales Reports. This built-in feature gives you the ability to see information about your customers' orders based on criteria such as sales over time, by product, or by channel. One of the detailed reports you can access here is the Sales by Product report. This report shows the breakdown of total sales of your products, allowing you to filter by the product vendor, product type, and product title. You can filter these reports by dates and you can also export them to CSV files for your convenience.

If you aren't on the Shopify plan and you're not quite ready to upgrade, there are some apps designed for custom reports you can take advantage of. A few I'd recommend include Easy Reports, Better Reports, and Data Export. These apps all have great reviews and give you the ability to create custom reports to track a wide range of data for your store. They also allow you to automate those reports, so you can schedule reports to be automatically emailed to you on a regular basis. Best of all, the app developers offer support for these apps so if you ever require any assistance, you can always reach out via the contact information available under the Support section on their app pages.

As you continue gathering this data, you might be interested in reading our blog post, 20 Highly Effective Ways to Market a Product. There are some great tips in there on how you can promote your products through a variety of different marketing activities. It's an excellent way to get inspired and I highly recommend checking it out. Feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Awesome response time.  Super helpful answer!

1 Like