Product Variant Quantity Control

Hey all, 

I've been struggling to find a solution to the following problem, any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm starting to sell packs of string and would love to offer customers the ability to make 'customized packs'.

For example, I plan to have customers choose exactly 6 from a total of 10 different colours, no more, no less.

The App that comes closest to achieving what I need so far is called 'Best Custom Product Options'  by Relentless Apps. I'm able to get the colour options showing, but what I'm lacking, or just can't work out how to achieve is limiting the selection total to 6. 

I imagine I'd need some ability to control the add to cart button for this to work seamlessly. So once they reach a total of 6, the product becomes available to 'add to cart' for example.

I'm not even sure if what I'm after can be achieved within the Shopify platform?

Any help and time with this is very welcome and openly received.

SomethingPlume
2 0 0

I heard back from them today regarding a similar question for my cupcake packs (4-pack, 6-pack, dozen and 2 dozen with 8 flavor choices) and they basically said it can't be done like we're looking for. He said to set up dropdowns of the flavors for each of the cupcake "spots" in the pack, so Cupcake #1 (8-flavor dropdown), Cupcake #2 (8-flavor dropdown), etc. Which won't work for our bigger packs, but may be a viable solution for yours?

0 Likes
Lixon_Louis
Shopify Partner
1174 34 229

@DizLun I did a similar custom order form a while ago. https://www.woodstocklaundry.co/products/adults-face-mask-10s .  

Available for hiring. Reach me at lixon@ecommercestudio.in
0 Likes
satsinghrana
Excursionist
11 0 0

Hi @DizLun its easy to achieve with few line of codes with the current app you are using, We CldmApps can make this done for you. Simply reply us here or add this satsinghrana1@gmail.com email as staff account and sent me an email to get this done.

Thanks

CldmApps - Sat Singh Rana
0 Likes

HI @satsinghrana 

As the apps trial finished and the support failed, I had to remove the app. I've since decided to have sepatre pre-made options available. But huge thanks for reaching out all the same. If I ever need to have this sorted in the future, I'll be sure to reach out!

satsinghrana
Excursionist
11 0 0

@DizLun you are more than welcome, to reach us anytime in future.

Thanks!

CldmApps - Sat Singh Rana
0 Likes