Product images not showing up on Facebook regardless of what app I use...

Highlighted
10 0 0

Hello, I am hoping that someone can help me with an issue I am having. I have always used the AddThis button and it worked perfectly, specifically when I needed to post a product to Facebook by using it. About 6 weeks ago, it stopped working correctly, but only for Facebook. I was still able to post to my Facebook page, however, only the LINK would show up and no longer an image. I have since tried different sharing apps and still, the same thing happens, no images? I cannot even copy and paste my web pages to Facebook, as it is only posting LINKS and nothing else... Does anyone recommend another app I can try?  Even better, a solution to this problem? At first I thought it would have been fixed, but 6 weeks later and still problems. My website is www.clositherapi.com and even if someone else tried to copy and paste the link to their Facebook page it will not work... Any help will be so greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
150 8 35

I'm new to Shopify still...only 6 days left in the trial.  I'm starting to try the AddThis app, and didn't know I had to create an account on AddThis to use it.  Well, I think what the problem you're having could be is Facebook terms and conditions or a certain policy of Facebook is being broken by your posting activity.  Obviously something you're unaware of...and me too, if it's the case.  Have you read the terms and conditions from the AddThis app regarding posting from the shopify store to facebook directly as a vendor?  It may be detecting that you are the vendor and limiting the number of full-featured posts.  If that's not it, then I'd suspect it has to do with the liquid code for the AddThis app.  I tried placing the code snippet in basically the exact spot described in the instructions, and got an error when going to the product page in my store.  I think the liquid code was updated since the AddThis app wrote the instructions, and now it doesn't work according to those instructions.

0 Likes