Product page editing issues/ now app installation issues

Highlighted
3 0 0

I was starting to add more product descriptions to my product page in the form of clickable tabs.  As I was making my way through finishing the first product page with the needed tabs I noticed that the tabs I created were duplicated on EVERY product page.  I tried to put in some HTML code to create tabs that way and it just looks like crap in my opinion.  They were the generic code that you search for and its from some thread on the Shopify forums.  So after more google time I came across this app called GemPages.  I thought it looked super promising and then I go to download the app and start the free trail period....  nope!  Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 4.24.09 PM.png

This is what comes up every time I try to download it.  Ive tried to contact GemPages but they don't know what's happening.

Anyone experiencing this same thing or know what I can do to fix this?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
103 8 16

Hey there.

Depending on the Tabs your using, you could set them up on a Per Product Basis.

When Editing the Specific Product, look in the Top Right Corner of the Text Editor.  There will be a Button that looks like this:  <>

Clicking that button turns on the Code editor for the Description Box.  You can put the code in there and it will save it in the Description section of that specific Product.

As for the app Warning, Its really hard to say without looking at your store and seeing which apps you have or have had in the past.

0 Likes
3 0 0

The generic tabs I used were the ones that added tabs in the description box on the right side of the product listing.  The Tabs I was trying to use is located on the bottom of the page that spans the entire page so then it would act as a few pages.  But I couldn't quite use it to my full expectation because I couldn't load up a long for a pdf instruction sheet for installation.  I will try to take a screen shot of the tabs I am wanting to use or at least the location of them.Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 5.18.10 PM.png

If you see towards the bottom it has "text tab". That is replicated through out the entire website for products.  How would I have it product specific? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
103 8 16

So that is built into the Template itself.  

So not the way your wanting.  The way I would do it is either Template based editing, or put the templates in where the description goes.  Feel free to email me if your looking to hire someone to do some tweaks with it for you or see if I can get it setup the way you want by Product.

Best Regards.

digital.reincarnation@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

If you check out this website.  

http://www.rhinorack.com/en-us/products/sport-leisure/shade/awnings/sunseeker-2-0m-awning_32132

Take a look at the tabs below the product photos.  The Tabs start out with "features" and so on.  That is what I am trying to create but I just need a little guidance.  

0 Likes