Product variations with conditions OR custom product options

wr123
2 0 0

Hi there,

I'm new to Shopify (mostly been coding for WooCommerce in the past).

The products in my store need to have the following options (for the user). To illustrate the example, I'll use a product called New Dress.

Our business model allows us to sell this New Dress product as either a "buy now" approach with set sizes and colors (variations) with their own stock levels... OR a "made to order" approach, which unlocks other fiends and ignores stock count.

I've found numerous plugins which offer Custom Product Options with conditional logic to show/hide fields etc, so this isn't the issue. What however I want to do is

1) Present a user with a choice for the New Dress product page, being "In stock" or "Made to order"

2 a) If they choose "In stock", they will be presented with product variations, which are subject to stock levels. With this option they need to pick the color and size as required fields.

2 b) If the choose "Made to order", they will be presented with the custom product options, which is a bunch of extra fields, such as length, additional sizes, additional colours, extra features etc.. Key here, is that even if a size may be out of stock in the "in stock" versions, they can still select it here.

So, the part I'm struggling with is making the Shopify product variations required (i.e. size and colour) only IF they've chosen to buy now, else, they should be ignored whilst the user picks the customisation options. An example can be found on our current site here  - https://whiterunway.com.au/prince-dress.html

I hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction.

Cheers

0 Likes
sunnysolanki
1 0 0

Have you found any solution? ? If yes please let me know. I am also looking for that functionality.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
wr123
2 0 0

@sunnysolanki 

There is no one plugin that can achieve this. And because I needed my "buy now" products inventory tracked, but not the made to order ones. I had to create TWO products. One called "New Dress" and one called "New Dress - Made to Order"

I did a bit of coding on the product template, to show the user a button to "Customise this further" which then took them to the made to order version. I achieved this using tags and a bit of Javascript. If interested, let me know I can share.

0 Likes