Products not showing point of sale

Kristie3
Visitor
2 0 3

A number of products have disappeared from our Point of Sale. I've check to make sure it's ticked on the right channel and location. This product has been on the shop for a while, we've sold it in the past through the Point of Sale and can even go back through orders to find when we last sold it. But when we search for the product on Point of Sale it doesn't come up. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks in advance

Replies 30 (30)

MorganS22
Visitor
1 0 2

Hello! Did you ever find a solution to your POS problem? We are having the same issue. 

sugarplumtree
Visitor
1 0 1

did anyone ever find a solution?  it's now december and an update has not been issued that has fixed it for me!  help!!

Greenbobbin
Excursionist
26 0 6
We are still using the 'account reset' workaround. It is frustrating though
because we then have to redo all the other settings in the POS. Not had to
do it this week though so maybe a fix has worked its way through...🤔
fbkclanna
Tourist
5 0 3

We are having the same issue. 
We have tried log out and log in, but not been solved.
Are there any other solutions?

Greenbobbin
Excursionist
26 0 6
Hi,
We reset the account from the ipad settings for Shopify POS.

Ipad>Settings>Shopify POS>reset account.

Also make sure you have got all the updates and the products are not in
draft status and selected for the POS channel.

Hope this helps
Emily

Tessaclark
Visitor
2 0 1

We are having the same problem. Any solutions yet?

Lsmith
Tourist
6 0 10

We are having the same issue. However, the same POS app on my phone shows the products that are missing from our main POS, so it’s not that the correct boxes aren’t ticked. 

mungofinlayson
Tourist
9 0 1

Any word on how to fix this?

Im having same issue showing on website / admin of shopify but not on POS on the ipad?

Kristie3
Visitor
2 0 3

By way of update, we are still encountering this intermittently.  Shopify advised logging out of the POS every night after use.  This is not super helpful and may even be impractical for some.  However, it did resolve newly listed items not showing up on the POS.  
As for older items seeming to disappear, this happened again on another item for no apparent reason.  Not ideal.

Jennaferbaird
Visitor
1 0 1

We are having the same issues.. 

Lsmith
Tourist
6 0 10

Sent a report via POS and Shopify got back to me today. They said to close out of app, which we know doesn’t help. They said if that doesn’t work to delete app and reinstall. I haven’t tried it yet...will post an update if it works. 
They also said they were aware of the problem and planned on releasing an update in the next few days. 

Beth_Lawrence
Tourist
12 0 7

Same problem here! I can find products in collections, but they don't show up on search. It's very strange.

DrewHarry
Visitor
3 0 2

Had same issue - really frustrating in front of customers and throws out inventory online! Deleted app and reinstalled which seems to have fixed it. But not good when you’re running a busy till.

Greenbobbin
Excursionist
26 0 6

We are experiencing this too. For existing products where the inventory has been uodated and also for new products. Reinstalling did bring it up to date but we have same problem for products added since the reinstall so it was only a temp fix. Can't be doing that all the time. Very frustrating and embarrassing in front of customers. Weve been working really hard to kerp the inventory updated for the website and all our hard work has gone to waste over the last week. 

Lsmith
Tourist
6 0 10
Yes, I agree it’s frustrating!! What we’ve been doing for the time being, until Shopify fixes this issue, is putting the sale in as a custom order with the title of the product. Then when I get a chance I go through the orders and place an order on the POS on my phone for the product and I do a 100% discount, as to keep our inventory in correct. For the most part everything shows on my IPhone POS, but not IPad. However, I did run across one product today that was not in either. So I duplicated the product and then it finally showed up. Not a great time efficient way to run a company! Shopify told me a few days ago that they were putting out an update to fix this issue...but I dont see an update yet!
DEWDDD
Visitor
1 0 0
teekay05
Excursionist
20 0 41

this is a big problem to have for customers waiting in line to check out and the items aren't available on the ipad app, but shows up on my management dashboard.

like some have suggested, you need to log out (not just lock screen, log out from the settings) from the ipad and log in again to be able to find the missing product. and sometimes this is intermittent.

shopify, we need a permanent fix to this. thanks!

Rowena_Sunga
Visitor
1 0 2

Having the same problem and really regretting moving to this POS even though it's in our best interests to use it.  If a fix isn't found we will be forced to toss this system to the trash.

Gene7135
Tourist
10 0 1

We are having same issues for 2 weeks now!

bewatermart
6 0 0

Same issue. Still no fix?

Voidtoform
Tourist
7 0 4

This is ridiculous, I just lost a 600$ sale at the farmers market! 

Pos worked on my iphone, I called my wife, it works on her phone at home, but my new Android that I replaced my iphone with I cannot get a single product to show, I am mad right now.

Red2
Shopify Partner
9 1 4

This is also happening to a client store. 

Gene7135
Tourist
10 0 1

The problem has been resolved for us about a month ago.

We did have to update the IOS and the Shopify POS App too.

bebebriapparel
Visitor
1 0 1

Just for future reference on people having this issue like me today! I figured it out go to your shopify app on phone not pos. Click on products, all products find the product thats not showing on pos, click on it. Scroll to Product Status. Where it says sales channels and apps. Right there is where you check mark point of sale, go back and save. 2 products werent coming up on pos today for me. I just figured it out. Hope this helps.

Matthew_Crowell
Excursionist
16 0 8

I import about 150 new items into the system every week.  After importing I go into shopify admin on my computer and highlight all the new items and choose the POS channel.  Neither of my ipads register the new items unless we log out and then back into the system on each ipad.  This has been 2 weeks now, maybe 3.  But constantly logging in and out just to get new items to appear is a pain.

forgetmenot
Visitor
1 0 0

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENT!! I just tried that and it worked! LOG OUT and LOG IN again!!! I think all my products are there now. THANK YOU!!

ShushiSocal
Excursionist
11 0 22

Hey guys,

I was experiencing the same issue with one of the products, but now solved.

I had the inventory location checked on but the Shopifcy POS CHANNEL WAS NOT CHECKED ON. (where you check on Google, Facebook, etc)

So after checking that on, worked fine.

SHERRIB
Tourist
6 1 1

wow - i'm having this same issue - restarting the pos is not fixing it - and it is now 2023 - looks like it's been a problem since 2020 - we need this to work!

yanwen_lee
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I got the same issue. I just setup recently, cannot find any listed products. It has been 2023!! Can anyone fix this?

ThisIsYourSup
Visitor
1 0 0

Same problem here! Log out and in did help but I still got a day of work ahead to check stock manually after selling without POS...