Solved

Can only the Shopify store access private app endpoints?

betoxx1
Excursionist
22 2 3
Hello,

I am trying to create an endpoint in my shopify application to send information that the customer will enter into the app. I already tried creating the endpoints inside app.prepare().then(() =>{}) and it works. The problem is that these endpoints can be accessed by any application outside the store. Is there any way that only the tianda is able to access these endpoints? I tried adding the endpoints using verifyRequest() but this sends me error.
Accepted Solution (1)
Not applicable

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @betoxx1 

You’ll have to verify the signature on each proxy request. It’s detailed in the tutorial link.

Best,

Achieve Team

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

betoxx1
Excursionist
22 2 3

The title actualy is Private app endpoints, I had a Typo. 

betoxx1
Excursionist
22 2 3

Tienda mieans store

Not applicable

Hi @betoxx1 ,

Please look into using App Proxy app extension for your private app. That way you can verify that the HTTP request initiated from your Shopify storefront.

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/display-data-on-an-online-store-with-an-application-proxy-app-extensio...

Best,

Achieve Team

betoxx1
Excursionist
22 2 3

Im using th app proxy, Is just that i thogt that the app authentication had a way to avoid request from a diference source. Do I have to do  the source verification my self or shopify have a official way to do this?

I just want to confirm this.

Not applicable

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @betoxx1 

You’ll have to verify the signature on each proxy request. It’s detailed in the tutorial link.

Best,

Achieve Team