Public API "errors": "[API] Invalid API key or access token (unrecognized login or wrong password)"

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hello!

So the issue I'm up against is one I've struggled with for a few hours now. It is a bit baffling as I can make the connection via Postman all day long using the private app credentials in my store. However, after installing my unlisted public application that is in development, I keep getting an error for a response.

{
    "errors": "[API] Invalid API key or access token (unrecognized login or wrong password)" 
}

With the public application, I'm using the API tokens generated on the partner site assigned to the application. The call looks like this below. Again, will work fine with the private app and it's credentials, but not with the public application.

https://{{apikey}}:{{password}}@{{yourstore}}.myshopify.com/admin/products.json

Thank you,

Lucas M.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

So it seems I need the access token, which I cannot get using

admin/oauth/access_token

because I do not have the proper "code". So this would require a call back for Postman on a public application? Does anyone have a solution for Postman?

Thank you,

Lucas M.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hello , did you ever figure this out? i'm have the same problem as i'm trying to use this from a public app

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi

Your sample app should be able to generate the access_token - have it print it out then use it in postman to simulate your app

Id confirm the requests are structured as shopify are expecting

0 Likes