Publishing to eBay not working

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Last day or so publishing to eBay has stopped working.

I go to the eBay sales channel and click on "Publish". I then click the "refresh" link to update the mapping. It then used to take a couple of minutes to process but now it takes about 10 seconds, does not report any errors and the time at the side of the "refresh" link does not update. No products are added to the publish list.

When asked for feedback I tried to post some and got this message:

Errors were encountered while saving this record.

• The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at

Anybody know what the problem might be?

Feeling frustrated

John Beachill

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 17 57

Hi, @johnbeachill!

Olivia here from the Shopify team. I'd be happy to help you dig into this, and resolve this issue today. 

For starters, let's rule out any local issues by seeing if you can replicate this issue when you try the following: 

• Try clearing cache/cookies of current browser
  • Try from a different, up-to-date, browser
  • Try from a different network connection

Should the issue still persist at that point, I encourage you to connect with eBay support for further assistance. Ebay actually offers a dedicated support team (separate from their general support) for the Shopify eBay sales channel and I wanted to share that contact information with you below:

eBay Sales Channel Support

Email: help@connectebaysupport.com

Phone: 1 (855) 411-3376

As this team specializes in this integration they will have the tools and access necessary to troubleshoot this correctly.

Please feel free to keep me in the loop so I can stay as your point of contact from our end to provide any support we can.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Olivia

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but my subject is misleading. It's not the publishing to eBay that's failing as I never get to that point. This is what happens:

1. Under SALES CHANNELS I click on eBay.

2. After the screen updates I click on "Publish". The eBay / Publish screen appears. 

The text says:

Last product map was 2 days ago (refresh).

If I click on the refresh link the "Import New Shopify Products" window appears. I click on "Understood, import now".

This is where the changes are happening. The "Hang tight" progress bar appears and after about 20 seconds disappears again. The text still says "Last product map was 2 days ago (refresh)." and no new products are added to the "Ready to publish" list although new products have been entered in Shopify.

Two days ago the "Hang tight" progress bar would have taken around 2 minutes to reach 100% and, of course, newly added products would have been added to the "Ready to publish" list.

I have tried clearing the cache and have tried two different browsers on two different computers.

If I update a listing that was previously successfully published to eBay I can see the eBay listing update, so it does not appear to be an issue with the connection with eBay.

This problem appears to be with Shopify and it started two days ago. Started a day or two after uploading proof of id documents requested, could it be connected?

Any ideas?

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 17 57

Thanks for getting back to me, @johnbeachill!

I can definitely understand where your confusion is with narrowing this issue down further. I double checked with our Technical Support team and they advised me that there are no ongoing issues with the eBay integration. Furthermore, I checked the internal logs of stores connected with eBay and there are no failures, nor interruptions. 

Upon discussing your issue with our devs, they have also asked that you loop in the eBay Sales Channel Support Team for specific troubleshooting and guidance, as they have access to parts of the channel that we do not. To give you a better picture, though the error is appearing on Shopify's end in the Admin, the error is pulled back from the sales channel itself.

I'd be more than happy to authenticate your account and confirm this for you, but do make sure to open a support ticket with their team as well so we can get you a resolution sooner than later.

Watch out for my email in the next few minutes,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Our entier Ebay channel is down and not even showing up. Says connection lost    was working okay two days ago

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 17 57

Hi, @WalkingCaneMan.

Thank you for posting in this thread. I investigated this issue further, and I wasn't able to replicate what you are experiencing on my end. We will need to rule out any local errors, so can I have you try the following troubleshooting attempts with me:

• try from a different network connection, preferably mobile data if possible
  • try using a different browser/ device

If you are able to replicate it after trying that, can you please send me a screenshot of what you see here?

I look forward to your reply,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
We have tried using different connections and computers and browsers (Safari and Chrome) . Wireless and cellular being away form office. Both do the same thing.

Ebay is not lighted up like the rest of the channels in the menu bar as you can see from attached screenshot.

We can sure use some help. We tried to even re-download the app from the Shopify App store and got the same message.

Let me know what we need to do?

We are getting orders and the inventory is syncing. No app to do anything with like updating items etc.

Thanks

Tom

[cid:2F769D2D-1F31-43D0-AF63-EFA684A535E5]

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 17 57

I appreciate that context, @WalkingCaneMan.

I'm not able to see the screenshot you shared, however, from what you have described this is definitely not expected behaviour. I reached out to my team to confirm if there were any ongoing issues with eBay or our integration at the moment and there are no reports.

Have you connected with the eBay Sales Channel Support team regarding this issue yet? In case you missed it in my first post, I'm happy to paste their contact information for you below.

eBay Sales Channel Support

Email: help@connectebaysupport.com

Phone: 1 (855) 411-3376

It is very important that you connect with them to report the issue you are experiencing. Our eBay sales channel is entirely supported by this dedicated team. This means any service interruption or access issues you experience can be properly investigated by them via special access to the integration. 

I look forward to your reply,

0 Likes