Is there a Shopify app for managing raffle ticket sales?

forbesee
4 0 0
Im looking for a app that allows the following:
Allows the purchase of a raffle ticket, this then assigns the order number to a number that can be extracted on a spreadsheet with customers details.

Ie: if a product has 300 in inventory this means 1-300 tickets. If a user buys 3 tickets it assigns the 3 orders to 3 unique tickets in the draw, this example tickets 1,2,3.

I cant find anything on the shopify store that meets my needs, is this something anyone has seen?

If not can you provide a quote for this
Replies 12 (12)

Lux12D
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi.

I am looking for the same system - did you have any success?

AndreiAverkin
Shopify Partner
23 0 6
forbesee
4 0 0
Hi,

Unfortunately not, There is not a app suitable and the cost to have one made isn’t worth it. Instead I decided to sell eg. 100 tickets and you can filter and export sales on Excel copy the customers details onto a already created excel document. I used a online website to re arrange a list of numbers 1-100. I would then upload the list to the website 24hrs before the draw. All customers that entered into the draw would then get a email with a pdf copy of the numbers the have been assigned.

Slightly long winded, but the easiest solution until I had proof of concept.

Im still awaiting/looking for a high risk payment gateway that supports shoppify as a payment platform. There are plenty out there - just most don't support Shopify integration, or class it as gambling.

Advertising is another issue, although its not classed as gambling - facebook and other advertisers require a legal opinion letter anything up to £1,500 to get one written from a accredited solicitor in the Uk.

Im still in the process of doing this, but thats my journey so far
supralf
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, have been looking to try and something like you are in north america, i was wondering how your process was going?

viralsweep
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Our purchases app supports this exact use case, see http://viralsweep.com/purchases

Data_Geek
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

Technologically, what you're looking for seems very straight forward.  However, you'll need to determine the legality of offering a raffle. In the USA, it's considered a lottery/gambling and tightly regulated.  From what I can see in a quick internet search, it's not legal for for-profit companies to have a raffle, but a not-for-profit may be able to hold an online raffle in some states. Here's a link: https://chance2win.org/us-state-online-raffle-legal-rules/

I'm guessing the legal issues are why you don't see any apps available.  Can you tell us more about your business and what you're accomplishing with a raffle?  There might be a sweepstakes option (also a regulated industry) that would be more viable.

forbesee
4 0 0
Im going by only UK law, international laws may vary.

Within the UK as long as you offer a free entry route to a raffle it is not gambling. You are aloud to limit free entrys by only checking mail once per week / one member of staff spends 7 hours and if there is more entrys you have to wait till the next week - hopefully your sold out by then.

So you have 200 total tickets. Item costs £100. Each ticket sells for £2, you have a £400 profit margin. Obviously removing associated fees / product cost you walk away with the rest.

Only really hard thing about this is the cost of advertising is extremely high - to get into and sustain.
Data_Geek
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for the additional info.  I think your manual solution is the right thing to do while you're proving out the business model.  Once you have some traction there, it might be worth it to hire a tech person to automate the drawing process.  Good luck!

MacClay228
Visitor
1 0 0

This is an unusual idea, such functions are usually used in browser games. In a game that I have been playing for a long time, this way the distribution of the lottery prizes won was realized. For example, on this site score88poker, you may notice a similar feature that you are asking about. If you want to somehow implement this in your business, you can borrow the idea from them as an example. I think you can find a lot of analogues, in order to take ideas for their implementation, you just need to know where to look for this information. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

ItayHaritan
Shopify Partner
28 0 3

Hi!

You might wanna check our new raffle app:
https://apps.shopify.com/pineraffle

Please let us know if you need any help with it 🙂

JacquiJSB
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi did you find a solution for this? Would be great to know more I’ve contacted app in this thread and they can’t help. I want customers to buy multiple raffle tickets and each ticket be allocated a sequential number. 

JohnAD
Shopify Partner
16 3 1

If anyone is still looking, RaffleTicks sounds like a possible fit. It will generate unique ticket numbers for customer orders and allows exporting.