Rating Stars are not appearing in my organic Google listings

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 4

Using the Shopify Product Review app.  Why are my rating stars to appearing in Google organic search?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 82

Hey Michele, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

I took a quick look through the store linked with your profile, and when I inputted one of the products into Google, I did see the rating stars appear! Check it out here: 

It can take a bit of time for Google to update it's search results, so it's possible that the products you were searching hadn't been updated by Google yet. If that's ever the case, you can send Google a sitemap! That will give them a nudge to recrawl your pages and update any information that's changed. Check out how to do that on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 4

That is not the store we are having a problem with. Ironically, we don’t use the Shopify product review app on that store... 

The store that is not showing rating stars is Top Notch Gift Shop.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 82

Hey Michele, 

Sorry about that! I just assumed you were referring to the store linked to your forums account! I can definitely doublecheck things on your second store, can you provide the URL? 

Additionally, it definitely might be the case that you would need to submit a sitemap to Google to crawl your pages and pull those reviews through. If you haven't done that yet, give that a try and let me know if that solves things :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 4

Hi Ann,

Our URL is www.topnotchg iftshop.com (https://top-notch-gift-shop.myshopify.com)

Thanks for checking. I have submitted the site map recently for a differernt reason and that did not seem to help.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 82

Hey Michele, 

It looks like that might have done the trick because I was able to pull up this product and see the rating stars on the search result, take a look: 

Let me know if that helps! 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 4

When I search for that item, I cannot find it anywhere. I guess I am confused, because the snippet above shows a product that has a 5 star rating afdgter 3 reviews, whereas other products have had dozens of 5 star reviews but the rating does not show (Assumption Abbey Fruitcake for example...). How can we tell which of our products in Google are showing ratings?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 82

Hey Michele, 

Taking another look at things, it looks like the rating stars disappeared again, which is definitely strange! Did you make any changes in your store or with the app? 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi team shopify,

my google star rating not appearing in organic google search result last 3-4 days why? i non't made any changes on my website, please help me out

Thanks!

0 Likes