Recharge checkout + iOS 14 changes to do in Facebook Business Manager

Alexos
Shopify Partner
6 1 1

Dear Community,

I am reaching out to you because after weeks of searching, I still could not find any solution to my issue.
We are currently using the recharge checkout for our business, which is 100% subscription-based.
Therefore, the "begin checkout" and "purchase" events are sent directly by integrating our Facebook pixel in the recharge checkout.

Following the announcement of tracking restrictions by Apple (iOS 14 and Apple Tracking Transparency), Facebook is now asking to their clients to verify their domain and select the events that are most important for them so that we can keep tracking conversions on iOS 14 devices (at least partially).

The issue here is that while we can verify our domain for the basic events such as "view product" or "add to cart", we cannot verify the events for "begin checkout" and "purchase" because they are sent from the recharge checkout, which we cannot verify in the business manager. 

Recharge recommended us to use the facebook conversion API, however I am wondering how will this help to solve our issue of mapping the events. 
Capture d’écran 2021-03-11 à 19.51.42.png

Did anyone experience this issue before and could give us a hand ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Best,
Alexis

Replies 10 (10)

SaskiaNY
Visitor
3 0 0

I am having a similar issue and was wondering if you were ever able to find a solution?

ThriveEngine
Tourist
11 0 3

Right off the bat, I'm not sure how your system is configured to work with Recharge (until I have a look).

Facebook CAPI should solve your issue. But it requires a sophisticated Google Tag Manager setup.

Let me know if you want more details.

comoskin
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, would love more details on the GTM implementation to get the events sent to Facebook, dealing with this issue right now!

ThriveEngine
Tourist
11 0 3
Check out this video (if you haven't already):

https://www.thriveengine.nz/tutorial-gtm-fb-capi-container-setup?utm_source=shopify-community&utm_me...

You can download the GTM template I've made freely available. You'll see a
link to it on the landing page I've linked to.

(I need to post an e-commerce-specific version at some point.)
SaskiaNY
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you so much for @ThriveEngine for all of your guidance. Our e-commerce site is in need of help and I would like to know more about your services. What is the best way to reach you?

ThriveEngine
Tourist
11 0 3

Thanks @SaskiaNY.

I suggest a quick chat first. I'll PM you some details.

ThriveEngine
Tourist
11 0 3

@SaskiaNY looks like I can't PM you.

You can message me on messenger:
https://m.me/wynnepirinihome

SaskiaNY
Visitor
3 0 0

Would love to talk more about this as we are completely stumped.

alex @ shopsaskia.com

ThriveEngine
Tourist
11 0 3

@SaskiaNY I just sent you an email

DaphneTideman
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @ThriveEngine , could you also contact us via fay@spottinggrowth.com? We're also in need of help setting this up correctly. We use shopify, recharge and have a headless CMS.