Recomendation custom app vs app from the store

Highlighted
Explorer
84 1 18

Hi all,

One of the reasons to come to shopify from my old squarespace was to have a effective Delivery app that makes my life easier. Now I am working with Zapiet - Store Pickup + Delivery but is not working as expected. I am studying some other alternatives as well as building a custom own with a shopify expert. As I am new in Shopify, I would like to know if anyone could share any experience related.

Thank you in advance.

Noemí

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
145 2 33

Hi @noemi2,

It depends on your requirements and the cost of the app.

If you can find an app that you are happy with that meets your requirements, then use the app. If it has a high monthly cost, then it may be possible to get a custom app built that will be cheaper over the longer term.

If you are using an app but that you are mostly happy with but has some missing functionality that you need, try reaching out to the developer of the app to see if they can add that feature to the app.

If you need an app that is not currently available or you need to combine the functions of several apps that do not work together, then you more than likely will need a custom app.

I hope this helps?

Asa @ Appifiny

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
349 25 52

Hi @noemi2 ,

I can understand your position and credit to you for exploring your options. I think what you really want is to hear from other merchants what their experience has been like. 

We would be interested in reading your specific pain points and what Zapiet falls short of that the developer community can help you with in the form of a custom app.

Regards,

Sam - Owner

Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
84 1 18

Thank you @Appifiny Indeed there are some existing app's which they have the features I need so I made two requests (add some features to a existing app or made one from 0) into experts Shopify and freelancer. I did not receive yet any, in experts Shopify but I have some from freelancer.

Actually the cost between creating an app from 0 and adding some features into an existing one are the same (between 500 and 1200 dollars). Now I am quite afraid if the professionals could not achieve an app that works well. I had some experiences with developers and web design and it was just a nightmare. Do you have any similar experience that you could share with me?

Thank you in advance,

Noemí 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
84 1 18

Hi @Appifiny and thank you for you answer and all the information. Indeed there are some app that already have this feature but it means a cost around 70 dollars/month. So I made some requests in experts shopify & freelancer to know more in detail the cost to:

1- build an app from 0
2- add to an existing one, the most complete, 2 features.

I already have some answers from freelancer and in fact, the cost between build an app from 0 and adding some feature to an existing one, that actually has a cost of 30 dollars/month is quite similar. So I am thinking to build one, the thing is that I already had some experiences with developers designing and developing website and there was a real nightmare. I am quite afraid that they not achieve to have an app that works in a proper way. Do you have any experience in that sense that you can share with me?

Thank you in advance,

0 Likes