Recommended app to help customers choose the right product

Excursionist
95 0 12

I currently have a comparison guide on my site that shows three items from my best selling product line side by side. I recently added two more variations to that product line, and since keeping my site functional and attractive on mobile devices is critical, having 5 items side by side isn't going to cut it anymore. I would like to configure some kind of quiz-type thing that steps customers through a short series of questions before showing them the item that best matches their needs. I saw in the app store that there are many quiz apps. But it's hard to tell from most of their descriptions if they do what I'm looking for or if they're just fun quizzes. Would love some referrals.

If it's not clear from my description, what I'm looking for is something like this (the product line in question is dog muzzles):

app: what is the length of your dog's nose in inches?

customer types in 9

app: how many inches around your dog's head from ear to ear?

customer types in 14

app: do you need to prevent your dog from "snacking" in the yard?

customer types yes

app displays the muzzle product best fitting those answers

To be clear, I'm not talking about product variants. Although I could have loaded these into my inventory as variations of one item, it didn't make sense to me to do it that way. So I have five distinct products, each one with color and/or size variants. So the quiz thing is to help the customers understand which product is best for their needs, and then once on the product page they can choose the color/size variants the normal way.

Felt I needed to explain this because most of the apps I found while searching the app store are variant or product option apps.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 4 32

Hey @Sharon15,

Did you end up finding a suitable app for your specific problem?

Building custom, public-facing Shopify Apps for various niches. Ping me with your app ideas!

My Apps:
* Countries We Ship To Button (Free!) - Show your customers where you ship to with a crisp button + pop-up!

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
0 Likes
Excursionist
95 0 12

Hi, no I never did.  Nobody responded with suggestions and searching the app store was the usual nightmare of 5000 similar but not really what I need apps.

Anyway, I think I can do what I need with a series of hyperlinked pages although it's not ideal either.

0 Likes

Hey @Sharon15 

If I understand, this is something you want embedded directly within your store website, correct? I couldn't find anything that matched exactly what you were looking for either. 

This is something I can definitely build for you within the next few days. I did find this (which produces a URL and isn't embedded) that seems like a similar format at least to what you're describing: Product Recommendation Quiz . If you think this format makes sense in terms of what to display to the user and how to select the products that should be matched at the end, let me know!

Shreyas

Looking for fun and useful apps to build for Shopify merchants!
1 Like
Shopify Partner
97 4 32

@drshrey that one totally fits the bill, I think. She could also probably add a scriptTag around it to pop it in an iFrame, couldn't she?

Haven't taken a look at the app exactly, but that's how I'd go about it (no extra app needed).

Building custom, public-facing Shopify Apps for various niches. Ping me with your app ideas!

My Apps:
* Countries We Ship To Button (Free!) - Show your customers where you ship to with a crisp button + pop-up!

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
1 Like

@KidOnPoint ahh good point, she totally could! I haven't tested the app myself, but sometimes sites may disable iframe use by 3rd-party websites by setting X-Frame-Options (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options). Hopefully, that's not the case here. And definitely agreed we don't want to build the same thing with the only variant being that it's embedded within the app.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 4 32

Good point yourself @drshrey, this is really theme-dependent. I'll set up a dev shop with what I think this type of solution can look like later today and see what gives.

My Apps:

My Tutorials:
1 Like

@KidOnPoint following up to check if you've had any luck with this? Happy to help or take a look if not!

0 Likes