Solved

Recurring Application Charge API

tecoektamerai
Shopify Partner
66 5 17

I have created a "custom app" and I have used the "recurring_application_charges" API but it doesn't work. So my question is @ Is "recurring_application_charges" API work if our app is "Public"?

Accepted Solution (1)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @tecoektamerai 

Hope you're having a great day!

According to this Shopify staff:

Public apps automatically have permission to use the Billing API and creating a recurring_application_charge for a merchant using your App.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @tecoektamerai 

Hope you're having a great day!

According to this Shopify staff:

Public apps automatically have permission to use the Billing API and creating a recurring_application_charge for a merchant using your App.

tecoektamerai
Shopify Partner
66 5 17

Hi @Michal17 

I really hope you have a nice day too!!

Yes, In "custom shopify app" we can’t use billing API to charge merchants

Thank you for considering my question and reply to that.

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @tecoektamerai 

You're welcome. I'm fine too, thanks. Hope you're having a great day!

I'm happy to help.

filisantillan
Shopify Partner
12 3 5

After researching and thanks to your answer, I understand that the billing API cannot be used in a custom app (which is my case), so what would be the way to charge customers?

- Is there a way to receive recurring payments?
- Is the payment already something that I should do with the client?
- In case you stop paying, could I take away your access?

This is my first app and I would not like to make it public, since it is something that covers very specific customer problems, I do not see any sense in making it public. I really appreciate your answer.

tecoektamerai
Shopify Partner
66 5 17

Hello @filisantillan 

I hope you are well!!!

As long as I know we can not use " billing API" with "custom app".But we can create a "public app" rather than a "custom app "  http://prntscr.com/1lmbhuw  . And you can also test your "public app" by creating a shop from the shopify partner.  If your app works fine then you can publish it on shopify. 

hanzla1212
Visitor
1 0 0

Yes, the "recurring_application_charges" API can work for public apps. It is designed to handle recurring charges for both public and private apps. If you are experiencing issues with the API not functioning as expected, it is recommended to review your implementation and ensure that you are using the API correctly. you can learn more Allaplicationsformats If the problem persists, reaching out to the relevant platform's support team or consulting their documentation can provide further assistance in resolving the issue.