Recurring payments PayPal

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,
I have researched a lot of Shopify apps but I can't seem to find an app that allows customers to subscribe to recurring payment through PayPaæ.
I sell software with a subscription where my customers pay monthly with Paypal. I'm currently on a Wix shop but I want to switch Shopify because Wix is not at a good platform at all.
Are there any apps that allow me to step up recurring payments with Paypal?

Thanks in advance
Morten

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 45 125

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Morten!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Great question! I took a look into a few popular subscription apps for you and did manage to find a couple options that offer PayPal as a recurring payment method. Both Subscriptions by Recharge and Recurring Payments & Orders look like they are capable of processing recurring PayPal payments via Braintree. 

With these apps, you can offer customers recurring billing while also getting access to extra features like analytics, upsells, customizable subscription plans, and more.If you'd like to learn more about Subscriptions by Recharge, feel free to check out their help documentation on payment processors here. Recurring Payments & Orders, on the other hand, has information on how to connect with PayPal here

These apps are both quite popular and have excellent reviews; I recommend exploring both of these options to see which one works the best for you. To try them out, however, you'll first need to sign up for a Shopify account if you haven't already done so. You can get started with a free trial here

What kind of subscription business do you have? I'd love to hear more about your business and the products you're offering. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, Julie, chanced upon this thread but for another concern. Can the said apps charge on a bi-weekly basis, instead of monthly? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 45 125

Hey, @kessieramirez! Thanks for joining in on the conversation.

Because recurring app charges are billed with each Shopify 30-day invoice, it wouldn't be possible to adjust the billing cycle for app charges. I should also note that when it comes to third-party apps, the developers themselves are responsible for setting their own prices and determining how they'd like their app charges billed.

You can typically find pricing information on each app's page in the Shopify App Store, or directly on their website, which you can find a link to under the Support section of each app's About page. 

For more information on the different types of app charges and how they are billed, I recommend checking out our help doc on app charges. This should offer further clarity as to how apps are charged.

I hope this helps!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello Julie,

Is Shopify still planning to offer native recurring payments for subscription businesses?  My interest is for digital goods. 

I still have this message in my notes from your customer conference in the spring of 2019. 

The checkout app extension for subscriptions will be available later this year. Buyers will no longer be routed outside of Shopify’s checkout to complete their transactions. Developers will be able to integrate their subscription apps into the checkout experience, surface their app’s information into Shopify’s checkout, and give merchants the ability to process transactions for subscription goods and services within one seamless checkout experience.

I recall it was planned for the end of 2019 and then moved to May 2020.

It would be helpful to know if this is still in the works - 

Thanks!

WJB

1 Like