Refund Request

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I was told by two different app support that I can be refunded as long as you all approve it. I have emailed support and have not received a response yet and it has been several days. I have screen shots of all emails. Please help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 16 28

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @soultreasures!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for letting us know your concerns! Our email team can take up to 3 days to get in touch with you, so our live phone and chat support is always your best option when you need an answer urgently.

Before we're able to refund third-party app charges, we need to see approval from the app developer. If they're happy to approve the app refund they just need to send an email to billing@shopify.com so we can process it for you. If they've sent you the approval directly, that's ok too! We would just need to see those approval emails so we can process it. If you've emailed those to our support team already, please wait for them to respond to you, or reach out to our live support teams instead.

The reason this process exists is that the apps are not charged by Shopify. They are charged by the developer through your Shopify invoice. This is similar to an app on your phone. As a result, we need to see they have approved the refund so we can refund your invoice.

In future, if you no longer wish to use an app, make sure you delete it from your store. After you've deleted it, the next invoice will show a charge for the app for the previous month, then going forward you'll no longer be charged. You can learn more about billing for apps here: https://bit.ly/38P6OcR.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes