Regarding paid apps

SlxmyDave
Tourist
11 0 0
So I added the vitals app on the 30 day trial to my Shopify store trial. The trial ended and my store is paused, while I still pay for the Vitals app when that trial ends. Will I have to pay the $29 just to re-open the store and cancel it?
0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3517 281 676

Hi @SlxmyDave,

Nick here from Shopify. 

In the instance that your trial has ended,  you won't have to worry about charges (even from apps) because the store is the same as canceled in this case unless you sign in again and pick a plan (everything will be like it was also). So no need to pay the subscription of €29 to re-open it here, just to be aware that when you do re-open it, it could potentially charge you for the app. 

The other thing to think about, is if you were still on trial, did you add a credit card to the store at all? Normally if you are still on trial, you wouldn't have added any card details to the store profile and wouldn't be able to be charged for anything. 

If you have any other questions about this or anything, let me know! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
SlxmyDave
Tourist
11 0 0
I may have added card details can’t remember for sure, in this case if I
did would I still be charged? And if I contacted Shopify could they fix the
problem on their end?

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3517 281 676

Ah ok, it might be worth reaching out to the support team directly to see what exactly is going on to be sure in that case. You still wouldn't be charged in this case, but the trial would not have ended if you had picked a plan and added your card details so that seems very unlikely. 

You can reach the team by phone or live chat from the link here

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes