Remove address in email for shopify inbox

airmidcrystalco
Visitor
1 0 2

Hello,

I've been testing and checking my store's shopify inbox logistics before moving on to using it more frequently but one of the issue's ive seen is the inclusion of my address in the footer of emails sent to customers who have left my site whilst waiting for a reply to chat. When a customer's questions cannot be answered by one of the automatic faq's a personalised message is sent to our inbox and when we reply the customer receives an email notification. This includes our address at the bottom which I would like to remove, however I cannot find where to do this.

Any help would be much apprechiated!

Replies 21 (21)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @airmidcrystalco! Welcome to the Community, and thanks for starting this topic.

At this time, editing any portion of that email, including the information in the footer, is not available I’m afraid. However, I have passed your feedback along to our developers so that they are aware that this is something that merchants would like to have access to. 

Although I don’t know when or if these changes will be implemented, I recommend keeping an eye on the Shopify Changelog, as all recent changes and updates to the platform are posted there. Additionally, there are Help Docs for Shopify Inbox, in case you have any more inquiries about it's features and functionality. I recommend reading through them.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

spitfire
Visitor
2 0 6

This is also something I would like to do. And removing the phone number from that footer as well. It's not normal not to have control over what info the customer receives.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Thanks for your feedback, @spitfire; I understand your frustration. I’ve submitted a feature request to our developers on your behalf for this as well now. 

As mentioned above, the Shopify Changelog is the best place to stay current on the recent upgrades to the platform, so a feature like this will be posted there if or when it is implemented. 

All the best,

spitfire
Visitor
2 0 6

It's very important because it's a huge security issue.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Thanks for your reply, @spitfire. I’m concerned to hear this is impacting your business security. Would you be able to elaborate more about the effect it is having so that I can pass specific information on to our developers, and other appropriate teams if necessary?

flowermoon
Visitor
1 0 6

Hi,

I absolutely love this app, but I agree that not being able to remove the address at the bottom is not ideal for those of us who have our home address as our business address. We're able to remove this from all other emails, so it would be nice to see this feature for Shopify Inbox, as well.

For now, this is unusable for me.

Thanks!

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hi, @flowermoon. I’m happy to hear you love Shopify Inbox, but sorry to see you’ve found it unusable due to the inclusion of your business address within the footer of the emails. Please know that I have passed your comments along directly to our developers. Thank you for sharing!

Hautethingus
Visitor
2 0 7

Many people have voiced their concerns regarding this matter and still no update to this feature….wow 

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @Hautethingus! Welcome to the Community, and thank you for your contribution to this thread.

Are you currently using Shopify Inbox and this having an impact on your business as well, or are you just expressing your concern over it? If you are using it (or have used it), I’d love to hear more about the specific impact it’s having from your business’ perspective, so that I can pass along those details to our development team. Due to the number of feature requests received, our developers need to research, categorize and prioritize all requests that come in order to determine how to most efficiently upgrade the platform. This process takes time. Therefore, the more specific information I can pass along to them regarding a requested upgrade, the better.

I look forward to hearing back from you so that I can get this feature request submitted on your behalf. Thanks!

Hautethingus
Visitor
2 0 7
I do not feel comfortable sending email campaigns to my customers with the
email containing my address, as the address reflected on the email to my
customers is my home address and I am a small business and feel as though
this is a SERIOUS safety issue for small businesses who want to send promo
emails to their customers but do not have the option of removing their home
address which may also be used as the business address in many small
businesses. The feature to remove the business address from campaign emails
needs to be provided! Many others have also voiced this concern upon review
of the forum.
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Thanks for your quick reply, @Hautethingus! I can definitely see your point of view. I’ve passed your feedback along to our developers now.

Although I can’t guarantee if or when this will be implemented, I do recommend keeping an eye on the Shopify Changelog. This is where all recent platform updates are posted, and so it is the quickest way to be informed of any changes made to the footer of Shopify Inbox emails.

Thanks again. If I can help with anything else, please let me know.

Durazza
Visitor
2 0 1

Has anything been done with this yet? Seems like this is a requirement for some email marketing but at the same time we should be able to edit what is shown. Seems like this could turn into a dangerous situation for some people. This is something that needs to be corrected right away. 

Shoplyfe
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. Whenever someone logs onto my website, the confirmation code email has my address on it and I DO NOT want that on there. 

sinisterfingers
Visitor
2 0 2

This is a huge security concern and it's surprising that it hasn't been addressed after such a long period of time and so many people bringing it to the attention of the staff. Makes the feature entirely useless as a marketing tool.

Man suffers because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.
harjinder178
Shopify Partner
17 0 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP84YRNq4WE

this video can help you remove that adress

BNAPROJECTS
Visitor
1 0 0

Though it looks as this issue still isn't fixed after years of requests, I agree it is a serious security issue for anyone Dropshipping. We have no physical address yet our personal address and number is blasted on the emails. There is weird people out there that could easily use this info negatively... (Show up to your house to hurt you or simply spam you.) Besides editing the code and risking breaking the emails and automation there is no other way to fix this. WHY?

harjinder178
Shopify Partner
17 0 0

this video will help you remove that shop address 

harjinder178
Shopify Partner
17 0 0

this video can help you remove that address. Now i can remove address 

PiperMagic
Visitor
1 0 1

I think this issue may have finally been rectified.

On the left side menu click Marketing > Automations

Select one of the automated emails (Abandoned cart for example)

At the top of the screen click Edit Workflow. Drag the workflow to the left until you see Send email and click the box. A side bar should appear from the right, and at the bottom click View email.

Top right of the following page click Edit. Scroll to the bottom of the email pane, scroll down and select the footer, and on the right uncheck Address.

Done! 🙂 Just repeat this for each automated workflow.

LittleGiftiesNZ
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you!!

ventureout406
Visitor
1 0 0

This is obviously a huge problem.. almost 3 years later and the problem still exists? We should have the right to hide our address. Most people run their business from home and not being able to hide our personal address is dangerous to our privacy and safety. Shopify needs to make this a top priority and fix this.