Removing Code From a Deleted App

Solved
dsuarez
1 0 0
Hi everyone,

There seems to be some leftover code from an App (Easy Location) we tested out for the country redirects. It is causing a file not found error:
Does anyone know how to remove this code?

Thanks!
0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1241 111 309

Check your theme.liquid file in the theme editor. That's usually where app code is added.

Shopify revokes access the second you delete an app, so they can't auto remove it. If you can't find the code, email the app developer, they can tell you how to remove it. Also a nice move is to recommend them to auto-send an email on app delete, with uninstall instructions so others aren't stuck with old app code loading in the future. All app devs should be doing that.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
gurubaba
1 0 0

Hi, I also deleted an app and but the code is still in there and I have no idea how to delete nor can I remember what the app was called that I used?

This is the bit I am trying to delete in red

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 21.40.34.png

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1241 111 309

This is an accepted solution.

You'll have to do some investigation to find the code, but since it's on the product page, here's how you can find it:

1) Open the product.liquid template and read the code to see if the code is in that file.

2) If not, check the {% include %} and {% render %} statements to find included sections / snippets. Then read those files.

Another way you can approach it is to download your theme files, then do a search in the folders for either the text that shows, or if you can't find that you can inspect the code in the browser to identify an ID or a class associated with the code. You can learn about inspecting the site in this guide: https://speedboostr.com/finding-and-fixing-console-errors/

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).