How can I effectively reserve items in customer carts?

Simplybb
Visitor
1 0 2

I’m at a loss. I’ve installed several apps on my website that is suppose to help customers reserve items in their cart for a specific amount of time. Nothing I install works. I do want to make mention that when I have sales there are around 700+ customers on the website at once. I just need something to work, though. It’s frustrating when items are held for customers. Any advice?!?!?

Replies 3 (3)

Claudini
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

Hi Simplybb,

same here. Conversion Plus did seem to work at first but testing showed: when it clears the cart when the timer counts 0 the reserved inventory still isn't available for other customers. So no customer can buy this previously reserved items. Do you have made any progress in finding a working solution for this?

Best,
Claudius

Claudini
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

Update: I did test Conversion Plus again and now it seems to work as expected. After the cart is cleared the item is available again for other customers. It's odd that this didn't work in my first tests. As I didn't find any alternative in order to regain trust in the app i will have to keep testing on a regular basis to make sure that this is still working. 

DanielaBode
Visitor
1 0 2

We are having the same issue! If anyone has a workaround, please share 🙂

Just spent some time chatting with the support team and they confirmed: items are held for the first person who puts them in their cart, no matter if the person checks out or not. Does anyone have any experience on how long that item is reserved? I was told it's 14 days, but that just sounds disproportionate. 

It's so frustrating for the other customers, because the item is shown as available in store and only when they start checkout they get an error message about the item not being in stock. Super confusing to them, because the item is shown as available on the collection page at the same time.

Anyone who has an issue with the way this is organized: please report it to Shopify Support, as they prioritize development tasks according to the amount of times an issue has been brought to their attention.