Routing app?

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Doing my own delivery service.  However when we get orders I am printing them and manually routing them/organizing them.  Grouping up the address has become difficult as orders have gone up.

Is there anything that takes the addresses from orders and sorts them from first drop off to last? from closest to furthest? or at least makes a best attempt at  organizing the delivery addresses?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
135 4 56

@eightyxp I literally just made a tutorial on how to do this because of this thread. It outputs a nice-looking Google Maps route with all the places on your route, starting (and ending) in some pre-defined location (like your warehouse or your store). It also makes sure that the route you take is the fastest one!

You can check out the full thing over here. Let me know if you end up following along and use it? 

My e-mail's everywhere in the site, and you can always reply to this thread or DM me here.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! 

We're using an app called circuit, unfortunately we have to manually enter the address information into the app but it does a great job of optimizing delivery routs. 

Good luck! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

hey i started using trackpod and its really good.

its a little pricey but totally worth it. optimizes deliveries and plays well with shopify and alot of other apps.  

I was doing 80+ deliveries a day between multiple drivers with no problems.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Full disclosure - I’m a software engineer for a delivery service app called ParcelSync. Right now we have an integration (https://help-center.parcelsync.com/en/articles/3964011-shopify-parcelsync-zapier-integration) that lets you connect Shopify to ParcelSync using a service called Zapier. 

We’re currently offering the app for free for users to try out and was wondering if you’d be willing to give it a try? You take it for a spin at www.parcelsync.com.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there,

We just launched EasyRoutes, the easy way to create local delivery routes, as a free app in the Shopify app store.

You can select the orders you wish to deliver, click the "Generate Route" button, and the EasyRoutes app calculates the most effective, economical route to help your drivers drop-off their deliveries as quickly as possible.

EasyRoutes uses Google Maps to optimize local delivery routes for your Shopify orders, allowing you to take advantage of Google's traffic and time-of-day data which helps you drop off your deliveries faster and more efficiently.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I need my end location to be different from the start location. My delivery person begins at our store but as they use their own private vehicle they end their route at their home, not back at the store location. How can we change that? Today they had 26 deliveries and had to completely change the order given because the route was circuitous not linear.   

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Emelvin,

The EasyRoutes shopify app creates an optimized delivery route and sends it to Google Maps. Once you're on Google Maps, the driver can just add their home address as the final stop.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi 

I've recently installed Shopify Local delivery app ; it's free and intuitive and responds to 50% of my shops requirements; I just checked out briefly the mentioned app in this thread ( EasyRoutes shopify app ) and it seems very similar. Here are my requirements: 

I do both deliveries (good) and pickup (not supported); so I've suggested to the Shopify Local delivery app developers to have the ability to add custom stops along the way.  For now I am manually optimizing my stops (deliveries and pickup) in google maps but will checkout the post suggested here by Red cap Tom (was hoping for something simpler OOTB), will let you know how that goes: https://redcaptom.com/merchant-tutorials/create-delivery-route-from-shopify-orders/ 

Any other easy suggestions are welcome and will let you know if I manage with the tutorial (thanks for sharing)

Cheers

Moussa 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi YULNWA,

Thanks so much for trying EasyRoutes. I appreciate the suggestion to add custom stops. This is actually in our roadmap, as well as a huge number of other features. If you would like to test out EasyRoutes Pro, please fill out our beta program sign-up form here.

1 Like